Medicare Advantage Regulations

Unless you left something on the door that mentioned MA plans, why wouldn't you just be sending to CMS and UHC a copy of what was left on the door (similar brochure or note), and that should be the end of it. Assuming you were prospecting for FE or other product, they shouldn't have any reason for further concern over this.

Exactly what kind of issues are you having with CMS and UHC...?

No issues with CMS, but United ran me through the ringer over it and that was after I showed them the final expense mailer she had returned as well as everything else they requested. She claimed I told her I "specialize" in Medicare and that I was door knocking her unsolicited. I hope I have it all worked out on that end, now I have to deal with the state ins. dept who claim I violated their rule for "unfair marketing practices" because of the same claims. They want to fine me $7500 for it. What a joke.

Not many plans make it to 5 star because they have independent agents selling it. Kaiser is the perfect example. A 5 star company because it regulates who is selling. The big companies like Blue and UHC let anyone sell it. Unfortuantely some people are in this business to make some quick money and don't understand how to grow a business. They give all the good agents a bad name and ruin the chances of the main companies to become a 5 star.

Not many plans make it to 5 star because they have independent agents selling it. Kaiser is the perfect example. A 5 star company because it regulates who is selling. The big companies like Blue and UHC let anyone sell it. Unfortuantely some people are in this business to make some quick money and don't understand how to grow a business. They give all the good agents a bad name and ruin the chances of the main companies to become a 5 star.

How does agents not knowing how to grow their business affect the carrier product rating?

How does agents not knowing how to grow their business affect the carrier product rating?

By selling a product that does not fit the customer, resulting in complaints.
By lying to the consumer about benefits etc, resulting in complaints.
etc

Correct. You are not allowed to bring up MA plans. It almost always comes up though because people ask what is it with all these zero premium plans they see on tv and in the mail. You are allowed to explain how MA plans work but you can't go into plan details without a SOA and follow the guidelines

So I can talk to folks about Med Supps until they bring up MA at which point I say "I'm not legally allowed to speak with you about this until you sign this." Then whip out my conveniently pre-printed SOA. Correct?

So I can talk to folks about Med Supps until they bring up MA at which point I say "I'm not legally allowed to speak with you about this until you sign this." Then whip out my conveniently pre-printed SOA. Correct?

Yeah, something like this:

Rick

Last edited by a moderator:

What??? How does an agent affect the HMO ratings? Do you want us to discriminate on who can get in? Only healthy ppl need apply? I think that Kaiser's ratings is due mainly to the fact that all hospitals, docs and services are employees of Kaiser, complete or near complete vertical integration and compliance among the different levels. The others depend on IPAs, medical groups, etc to meet the metrics that make up the ratings.

GreenSky-that cracks me up! How many other one liners are in that movie? I also find it curious that you found the clip and posted it in less than 15 minutes!

Latest posts

Back