Medicare Advantage

10 year advance on commissions? what?? i didnt know that's what you got

I thought it was about 200 for every member you enroll..

You're getting trolled.

I used to be a carrier rep for MA companies. After MIPPA got passed by congress (read: congress said a big ol screw you to Medicare agents) I got out. The marketing requirements are beyond ridiculous.

The product itself? Usually a piece of cake. Commissions? Usually pretty steady, sometimes a carrier will stop paying them in an area if they want to clean up the risk pool, but they're usually pretty consistent.

Work to commission ratio? Varies. If you have a good system (like some of the agents on here do) you can manage your time well and work really hard a few months a year and maintain a reasonable amount of income.

Liability? CMS is actively having a witch hunt for agents and it's very easy to get them pissed off. The rules change every year and basically center around making it extremely difficult and expensive for an agent to market (no cold calling, no door knocking, no seminars with food, etc).

It's also super competitive. I think the market is over-saturated with agents which drives up the cost of marketing for everyone. Carriers, agencies, and agents are all sending TONS of mail and it just creates noise. Some agents do well because they've really figured out their market and their marketing pieces, but there is definitely a learning curve.

The average agent has a line of at least 500 people at their front door waiting to enroll in a new plan during AEP. If you cant accomplish this within your first week in the business, dont bother getting in Medicare, we only get Eleventy Billion dollars per app.

Before you sell your first one year u need to learn that MAPDs are NOT Medicare Supplements. They are Medicare replacements.

Very easy! All the plans are free, cover everything and have all the doctors worldwide. Just ask them what plan they want and have them call (800) 633-4227. And during open enrollment you will received a 10 year advance on commissions. Good luck!

I have never had more than 32 people waiting at my door October 15th, obviously I'm doing something wrong.

There you go guys....FRESH MEAT....Blast um!
(a newby who got his terms mixed up)

Take um back to the wood-shed!

(sigh):nah:

There you go guys....FRESH MEAT....Blast um!
(a newby who got his terms mixed up)

Take um back to the wood-shed!

(sigh):nah:

Bet, because of this thread, He doesn't make that mistake in the field,

this thread cost = a little pride.

The lesson = Priceless...........

Bet, because of this thread, He doesn't make that mistake in the field,

this thread cost = a little pride.

The lesson = Priceless...........

Wow...you even feel "Magnanimous" about it.

:1confused:

I seriously doubt he learned anything except not to ask questions here again (either that or he's getting a new User name).

Wow...you even feel "Magnanimous" about it.

:1confused:

I seriously doubt he learned anything except not to ask questions here again (either that or he's getting a new User name).

If you've ever played a team sport, Im sure you know it's all in good fun. At the end of the day, all of us forum members are on the same side.

If you've ever played a team sport, Im sure you know it's all in good fun. At the end of the day, all of us forum members are on the same side.

It takes a while to get it. Some come here and get offended very quickly. Most of us are just having fun. SAI gets picked on all the time about having three clients and two of them being family members. We all know that isn't the case. And who hasn't picked on Rick and who hasn't Rick picked on?

The OP asked some vague questions about how easy MAPD is to sell and then a specific question about 2017 comp. Both have been discussed on the forum. I personally don't think any product is hard to sell once you have a viable prospect. The hardest part about this business, whether Medicare products, life, health, P&C, etc. is getting in front of qualified prospects. That's the real selling in this business. If you have someone who is interested in your product, the battle is almost won. You just have to match the product with their need and it's a done deal as long as they trust you.

There are literally a hundred threads on this forum about that topic, if the OP can't take 10 minutes to do a search, find a topic of interest, and ask a reasonable question on that thread (which would get multiple, helpful answers) why should anyone take the time to educate him?

The whole point was the very first day one on the job thing you have to understand is that you can never ever call a Medicare advantage plan a Medicare supplement. So by him hitting the thread title Medicare supplement and then asking about Medicare advantage questions it show that he needs to do a little bit of homework.

It's not splitting hairs and it's not just terminology. It would be like titling a thread term life insurance and then asking which term plans build the most cash value.

If someone doesn't get value from this forum responding like that to set you on the correct path on the most basic thing you're trying to learn then you are a little too thin skinned for the insurance business.

Before you sell your first one year u need to learn that MAPDs are NOT Medicare Supplements. They are Medicare replacements.

I love that Newby..."medicare replacements" ...very succinct way to summarize a med advantage when comparing them to supplements. Gonna use that one. Thx.

Back