Medicare Advantage

The thing about secret shoppers is they will only ding you if you say something or don't say something that's on their checklist otherwise they are pretty clueless about MA

i agree that calling MA a replacement plans seems puts things in perspective when describing it but techinacaly its not since the same Medicare benefits are covered either way.In fact in previous years some of the big carriers said not to say the replacement word when talking with consumers in their compliance training.I don't know if that stills apply but i stay away from the word just in case.

Let's call it the "New Medicare"! Or even better: The "New and Improved Medicare".:D

What else COULD you call it. With MAPD privatized insurance pays INSTEAD of Medicare. not in addition to Medicare. Not calling it a Medicare replacement plan would be deceitful.

It's been a while, but once upon a time the phrase was "a different way of accessing your Medicare benefit", it doesn't replace Medicare because it is Medicare.

How bout we market MA as a "Secret medicare bonus program the government doesnt want you to know about"...

My absolute favorite close I heard of was the old "just sign here to say I stopped by".

What else COULD you call it. With MAPD privatized insurance pays INSTEAD of Medicare. not in addition to Medicare. Not calling it a Medicare replacement plan would be deceitful.

...in lieu of... Same meaning but not as shocking.

I say that you still have Medicare, but you are agreeing to get your Medicare through a private company rather than the government administering it. That seems to work and I have been shopped several times.

From Medicare.gov

"Medicare Advantage Plans, sometimes called "Part C" or "MA Plans," are offered by private companies approved by Medicare. If you join a Medicare Advantage Plan, you still have Medicare. You'll get your Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) coverage from the Medicare Advantage Plan and not Original Medicare."

Don't care what you say Monkey Man, it's like that old commercial (that only you and I will remember).

"It's just as good as a Xerox"

Back