Medicare Advantage

I say that you still have Medicare, but you are agreeing to get your Medicare through a private company rather than the government administering it. That seems to work and I have been shopped several times.

That is basically how I describe it but I add that the medicare benefits will be admin. through a private insurance company that has a medicare advantage contract with the federal government. I say this whether i am going to sell MA or Med supp.Unfortunately I see too many agents who are disparaging the MA program describing it as something negative in general just because they don't want to sell it because it is not convenient for them..

I describe it by saying that an MA plan replaces Medicare as a payer of your claims, but you don't lose or give up your Medicare. I stress that part because the first thing people tell me, when they've been told by their doctor that an MA plan is a replacement plan, is that they don't want to lose their Medicare. I still write most of them med sups, but since I am also contracted with MA carriers for those who prefer it, I don't want to portray MA plans negatively, just differently.

Don't care what you say Monkey Man, it's like that old commercial (that only you and I will remember).

"It's just as good as a Xerox"

I agree with you Bob. I was a bit surprized when I read that. I used to say that they didn't have Medicare anymore. Lately I've been saying that they don't have Traditional Medicare.

Hahaha, I remember when the word Xerox was a generic term for making a copy. I sold Ricoh copiers for a couple of years.

----------

I'll bet you never heard of carbon paper either, huh?

I think I still have some.:laugh:

Tom, my 7th grade geography teacher was amazing. The only person I knew at the time that could take a dry subject like geography and make it interesting.

I remember him telling us about a new technology called Xerography. He felt it would revolutionize the copy world and make Ditto machines obsolete.

Turns out he was right.

I always wondered if he bought Xerox stock, retired from teaching and then went on an around the world cruise.

Tom, my 7th grade geography teacher was amazing. The only person I knew at the time that could take a dry subject like geography and make it interesting.

I remember him telling us about a new technology called Xerography. He felt it would revolutionize the copy world and make Ditto machines obsolete.

Turns out he was right.

I always wondered if he bought Xerox stock, retired from teaching and then went on an around the world cruise.

Yep, would love to have bought some Xerox stock back then with my paper route money.:yes:

Latest posts

Back