Medicare Advantage

agent992

How easy is it to sell MAPD plans in general, on or off open enrollment?
I'm just wondering in general- how many do some agents sell in a day
during open enrollment?

Also wondering what compensation is going to be like for 2017

Re: Medicare Supplements

during open enrollment?

The title to your thread should have been "MAPD's".:yes:

The average agent has a line of at least 500 people at their front door waiting to enroll in a new plan during AEP. If you cant accomplish this within your first week in the business, dont bother getting in Medicare, we only get Eleventy Billion dollars per app.

How easy is it to sell MAPD plans in general, on or off open enrollment? I'm just wondering in general- how many do some agents sell in a day during open enrollment? Also wondering what compensation is going to be like for 2017

Before you sell your first one year u need to learn that MAPDs are NOT Medicare Supplements. They are Medicare replacements.

during open enrollment?

Very easy! All the plans are free, cover everything and have all the doctors worldwide. Just ask them what plan they want and have them call (800) 633-4227. And during open enrollment you will received a 10 year advance on commissions. Good luck!

I have never had more than 32 people waiting at my door October 15th, obviously I'm doing something wrong.

during open enrollment?

The hardest part of this business is getting an appointment, after that it's not too hard. With the rules around MAPD sales, it' probably a bit more difficult to get the appointment. But once you're in front of them, it's nice to have a product for each situation, meaning you have medsupps for the folks that like that, or MA for the folks that want that.

Compensation will be slightly higher in 2017 than 2016.

The average agent has a line of at least 500 people at their front door waiting to enroll in a new plan during AEP. If you cant accomplish this within your first week in the business, dont bother getting in Medicare, we only get Eleventy Billion dollars per app.

I guess I'm above average.

10 year advance on commissions? what?? i didnt know that's what you got

I thought it was about 200 for every member you enroll..

Back