MA Upline Commissions

Rockman24

Does anyone know what the MA upline overrides are (GA, MGA, etc.) Also, are they set by CMS and uniform for every agency?

Why is everyone so concerned about what others make? CMS limits commission to agents. If the FMO made $17,000 it wouldn't affect us. Rick

I think the concern is with some FMO's earning as much as the agent on each case for doing nothing more than supplying the agent with nothing more than contracting paperwork.

Does anyone know what the MA upline overrides are (GA, MGA, etc.) Also, are they set by CMS and uniform for every agency?

I don't think that CMS cares about those levels, which goes to show that it really is in the pocket of the MA companies. I'll try to get this information tomorrow. It would be nice if we were given the option of bypassing all of those middle levels and pocket it. :yes:

----------

I think the concern is with some FMO's earning as much as the agent on each case for doing nothing more than supplying the agent with nothing more than contracting paperwork.

DUH-well said. Some people are not sheeple that want to accept the crumbs of others.

DUH-well said. Some people are not sheeple that want to accept the crumbs of others.

But there is no alternative for an agent because of CMS (and Humana). The FMO gets almost as much as the agent and I agree it stinks. But none of us can do anything about it.

Rick

But there is no alternative for an agent because of CMS (and Humana). The FMO gets almost as much as the agent and I agree it stinks. But none of us can do anything about it.

Rick

Can't do much about it, but Im not afraid to use it as leverage if I feel that I need more help with marketing costs. I will ask for their assistance when I'm in need of it. If I were new to this, I think that is think twice about it. How many kinds of sales work are so limiting to say that you CANNOT make cold calls to prospects, cannot call without consent and effectively limit your compensation on top of that other than this one?

The fmo gets up to $412 on a MA policy?When the commish was $424 somebody offered me $480 or so on ma

Thanks. Is that $412 just the FMO portion? I understand that there might be levels in between. And as far as the other comments. I wasn't asking because I was jealous or mad or whatever you guys were talking about. I was actually thinking of recruiting some friends and starting a group of my own and wondered what the upline was.

My immediate upline claims he gets nothing now from the FMO for MA or PDP plans that I sell. Is this common protocol now? Only gets commissions if I sell a Med Sup or Hospital Indemnity, etc.

I know there are multiple levels that get paid out. My direct upline is direct to Humana and Coventry, and under Berwick for UHC. I know he gets $75 to $100 minimum for every application I write because he told me and there are no other agents between the two of us. He also helps me with marketing and if something new comes out I am on the short list of who he calls. I could recruit and get a higher level, but I already have children. Do I think he is overpaid? YES. Does he do enough for me to be loyal. Absolutely.

Back