Medicare Educational Events Meet Life Insurance Events

traceyemoon

Super Genius
100+ Post Club
I looked at soooo many different threads about Medicare Educational Events, (thanks for all the good reads everyone!) but didn't come across one that covers this.

We market T65 and 65+, agency has health, life, auto, home and commercial lines. I sell Life, health, accident, ancillary health-you get the idea. Every year, the state rep hosts a "nifty-sixty...blah, blah...senior event". I have an 8' table and last year did the main Life carrier on 2/3 of it and had some medicare general info stuff on the other 1/3 (really general and Medicare.gov educational prints).

The question is: for the Medicare info, not allowed to have buisness reply cards out or displayed, but the Life carrier has some specific business reply cards. Can I have them out on that side of the table and "let" the prospects write health if they so choose to? I also sell ACA policies, so spouses do get business cards for that, even when one of them is Medicare eligible or soon to be.

I looked at soooo many different threads about Medicare Educational Events, (thanks for all the good reads everyone!) but didn't come across one that covers this.

We market T65 and 65+, agency has health, life, auto, home and commercial lines. I sell Life, health, accident, ancillary health-you get the idea. Every year, the state rep hosts a "nifty-sixty...blah, blah...senior event". I have an 8' table and last year did the main Life carrier on 2/3 of it and had some medicare general info stuff on the other 1/3 (really general and Medicare.gov educational prints).

The question is: for the Medicare info, not allowed to have buisness reply cards out or displayed, but the Life carrier has some specific business reply cards. Can I have them out on that side of the table and "let" the prospects write health if they so choose to? I also sell ACA policies, so spouses do get business cards for that, even when one of them is Medicare eligible or soon to be.

If you are advertised as an educational event and talk about Part C and D you can't go-mix that with life information at all.

My $.02

If you are wanting to display multiple lines of coverage, I would suggest you only display Medicare Supplements at your table. If a prospect brings up MA or Part D, then you can have the conversation with them, so long as you don't bring it up first.

Of course, you can have CMS approved materials there. I would suggest CMS publication #11514, a quick look at Medicare https://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11514-A-Quick-Look-at-Medicare.pdfhttps://www.medicare.gov/Pubs/pdf/11514-A-Quick-Look-at-Medicare.pdf

I don't do info on C & D when I do that. I only do the basics of Medicare. Midwest, I use that publication a lot, it's simple and easy to understand. Actually, I recommended it in another thread to someone a day or so ago.

I don't do educational events with a specific carrier and I only do basic Medicare info. I mean, really basic. Rudimentary Medicare.

somarco, in the educational event guidelines: At educational events, Plans/Part D Sponsors or their representatives are
prohibited from the following:• Distributing or displaying business reply cards, scope of appointment
forms, enrollment forms, or sign-up sheets;
• Setting up individual sales appointments or getting permission for an
outbound call to the beneficiary;
• Attaching business cards or plan/agent contact information to
educational materials, unless requested by the beneficiary

Back