Medicare Express - Benefit Geek

I agree with what you say, I just don't trust anyone to complete that online app and put my writing number in the right place so do it the old fashioned way...

No argument here. If they were a dominant player in my area then I would certainly have to really think long and hard about whether or not I'd send them to that website. The last thing I want to do is have to fight for my commissions. Or worse, have my contract terminated and not get any commissions.

I would recommend that everyone stay away from the UHC consumer website for client enrollments, UHC is very restrictive about how the site is used and unless the consumer is completely out of contact with you at the time of enrollment it is potential compliance issue (I had an issue with a PDP enrollment a few years ago when one of my closest friends enrolled through the site and I was on the phone with him to help). When I spoke with the Compliance officer the message delivered was 'don't use that site unless the consumer is 100% on their own'. Since then I have done paper apps for all of my UHC enrollments, I'm not willing to compromise my book of business for the ease of use.

The Aetna Ascend app works really well with no Esignature needed and Humana's online enrollment works well also but an Esignature is required. I use the Humana MAPA online enrollment with a signature pad when Face to Face with clients as well (I also have an Ipad but prefer my PC)

In the certifications for UHC for 2018, it states you can be on the phone with the applicant, helping them enroll but cannot be present.

"Agents must not be physically present with a consumer who is completing a web application. However, the agent may assist the consumer telefonically."

This is from the 2018 Ethics and Compliance course.

Last edited:
In the certifications for UHC for 2018, it states you can be on the phone with the applicant, helping them enroll but cannot be present.

"Agents must not be physically present with a consumer who is completing a web application. However, the agent may assist the consumer telefonically."

what difference does it make if you are on the phone with them, or sitting with them while they complete it? Makes no sense.

what difference does it make if you are on the phone with them, or sitting with them while they complete it? Makes no sense.

Pretty sure it's a legal issue or the only way they were allowed to get the system up.
WellCare does the same thing and every aep they reiterate that with their consumer facing site, that is a personal URL given to the agent, you must not help the client out in person or by phone. It must be passive.

Here is the problem with this-UHC makes random outbound calls to the consumer about these enrollments, and most consumers won't know what to say regarding the enrollment process so it's easy for UHC to mark it as a compliance violation.

That's exactly what happened to me and rather than fight with them (and no doubt lose) I chose to do a Learning Module and decided never to use that site again.

Tis True... prior to our release of Medicare Express! If you have questions or need help please let me know.

I have a question, how did you determine $15 per app would be the price? I'd love to know the rationale behind that. Don't get me wrong, you're free to charge whatever you want. Not sure how many takers you will have at that price point though.

Back