Medicare Express - Benefit Geek

sshafran

Guru
1000 Post Club
NC
Has anyone used (or looked into) the benefit geek platform for MAPD?

Looks like it is connected with ACA Express - which if memory serves me right, a lot of agents used them for the individual market in the past.

It's "signature free" which looks cool. I'm intrigued, $15 per app seems high, but then again, during AEP, it may be worth it if it's less hassle than a paper MAPD app. :yes:

Has anyone used (or looked into) the benefit geek platform for MAPD?

Looks like it is connected with ACA Express - which if memory serves me right, a lot of agents used them for the individual market in the past.

It's "signature free" which looks cool. I'm intrigued, $15 per app seems high, but then again, during AEP, it may be worth it if it's less hassle than a paper MAPD app. :yes:

Glad to see your interest, it's certainly an exciting offering. You're correct that it is connected to ACAExpress. BenefitGeek is our new platform that includes, Medicare Advantage, Medigap, ACA, Final Expense, and Ancillary quoting/enrollment all in the same system.

Let me know if you'd like more info. I'd be happy to speak with you personally.

With more and more carriers offering e-apps for MAPD/PDP, I see no reason to pay $15 for each app submitted.

With more and more carriers offering e-apps for MAPD/PDP, I see no reason to pay $15 for each app submitted.

I agree. I think they need to bring the price point down - they are only charging $3 for U65 plans. $15 is high.

I've only done the e-app for SilverScript, Humana, and Medical Mutual. I haven't tried Anthem's yet other than for their Med Supp.

To my knowledge, UHC & Aetna do not have e-apps for mapd, and I was told by them that Aetna is confirmed for 2018 and that they are trying to get uhc on board. If they could get UHC on board, especially for Med Supp, this would be great.

I guess we'll see. 5 years ago doing an e-app for a MAPD was not really in the picture to my knowledge, it's great seeing things move along.... but I do think they'll need to get the price point lower for it to take off.

I agree. I think they need to bring the price point down - they are only charging $3 for U65 plans. $15 is high.

I've only done the e-app for SilverScript, Humana, and Medical Mutual. I haven't tried Anthem's yet other than for their Med Supp.

To my knowledge, UHC & Aetna do not have e-apps for mapd, and I was told by them that Aetna is confirmed for 2018 and that they are trying to get uhc on board. If they could get UHC on board, especially for Med Supp, this would be great.

I guess we'll see. 5 years ago doing an e-app for a MAPD was not really in the picture to my knowledge, it's great seeing things move along.... but I do think they'll need to get the price point lower for it to take off.

You can use this, er, well the client can use this for UHC MA/PDP, not med supp. Need to make sure the client enters your writing number though.
Agent Assisted Medicare Enrollment from UnitedHealthcare

$15 is very high considering the commission level. If a beneficiary isn't new to MAPD, the commission for next year is approximately $228 for most agents. $15 is a little better than 6.5% of the commission. I'm not giving up that much for the convenience of an e-app.

UHC has an e-app (Agent Assisted Medicare Enrollment from UnitedHealthcare). It's for the consumer to complete and they'd have to put your agent info in for you to get credit. Aetna definitely has an e-app through their Ascend app.

$15 is very high considering the commission level. If a beneficiary isn't new to MAPD, the commission for next year is approximately $228 for most agents. $15 is a little better than 6.5% of the commission. I'm not giving up that much for the convenience of an e-app.

UHC has an e-app (Agent Assisted Medicare Enrollment from UnitedHealthcare). It's for the consumer to complete and they'd have to put your agent info in for you to get credit. Aetna definitely has an e-app through their Ascend app.

I would recommend that everyone stay away from the UHC consumer website for client enrollments, UHC is very restrictive about how the site is used and unless the consumer is completely out of contact with you at the time of enrollment it is potential compliance issue (I had an issue with a PDP enrollment a few years ago when one of my closest friends enrolled through the site and I was on the phone with him to help). When I spoke with the Compliance officer the message delivered was 'don't use that site unless the consumer is 100% on their own'. Since then I have done paper apps for all of my UHC enrollments, I'm not willing to compromise my book of business for the ease of use.

The Aetna Ascend app works really well with no Esignature needed and Humana's online enrollment works well also but an Esignature is required. I use the Humana MAPA online enrollment with a signature pad when Face to Face with clients as well (I also have an Ipad but prefer my PC)

UHC and Aetna have had an iPad app for a couple of years now.

This service would have been nice a few years ago but out of my mapd companies the following have some sort of eApp:

UHC
Aetna
Coventry
Silver script
Humana
WellCare
Freedom/optimum

Come to think of it I think I only have one company that doesn't and I've only written them once. Simply healthcare.

I would recommend that everyone stay away from the UHC consumer website for client enrollments, UHC is very restrictive about how the site is used and unless the consumer is completely out of contact with you at the time of enrollment it is potential compliance issue (I had an issue with a PDP enrollment a few years ago when one of my closest friends enrolled through the site and I was on the phone with him to help). When I spoke with the Compliance officer the message delivered was 'don't use that site unless the consumer is 100% on their own'. Since then I have done paper apps for all of my UHC enrollments, I'm not willing to compromise my book of business for the ease of use.

The Aetna Ascend app works really well with no Esignature needed and Humana's online enrollment works well also but an Esignature is required. I use the Humana MAPA online enrollment with a signature pad when Face to Face with clients as well (I also have an Ipad but prefer my PC)

What I've done for those that the beneficiary has to complete without my help is send them a very detailed instruction sheet. Step by step. Fortunately I haven't had to use the UHC electronic enrollment very much.

I do find it ironic that the link is titled "Agent Assisted Medicare Enrollment from UHC" and they don't want the agent to assist with it.

What I've done for those that the beneficiary has to complete without my help is send them a very detailed instruction sheet. Step by step. Fortunately I haven't had to use the UHC electronic enrollment very much.

I do find it ironic that the link is titled "Agent Assisted Medicare Enrollment from UHC" and they don't want the agent to assist with it.

I agree with what you say, I just don't trust anyone to complete that online app and put my writing number in the right place so do it the old fashioned way...

Back