Is Medicare.gov Ever Wrong?

I would go to each carriers website AARP and WellCare and search the drug in question. Medicare.gov makes mistakes but many of those call center employees are MOW-RONS!

Reason number 274 why I do NOT sell PDP plans. I take that back. I did sell one. I get a big $2.34 renewal each month.

call center employees are MOW-RONS!

And that is southern speak for ................?

BTW, I don't sell PDP either, but I do run reports (on Mcare.gov) and discuss the output with my client. What they do after that is up to them.

just get her the generic - it's the SAME CHEMICAL COMPOUND for crying out loud

I guess you overlooked the part where he said she CANNOT take the generic. I have a couple of clients who get sick from generics and must take brand name medications. Just because the active ingredient is the same doesn't mean the rest of the medication is the same.

What is the rx in question? Almost every part D plan I know is gonna have PA to get the brand covered when there is a generic available. Did she go through the PA process and it was denied and therefore the higher price?

I guess you overlooked the part where he said she CANNOT take the generic. I have a couple of clients who get sick from generics and must take brand name medications. Just because the active ingredient is the same doesn't mean the rest of the medication is the same.

This is especially true for extended release meds.

FWIW, when someone says they MUST have brand, I don't argue. Give them what they want.

I understand some agents either don't pay attention to the client or will say anything just to make a sale and move on, but that is not the way I roll.

Kstein, the med is Effient, no generic equivalent available.

Last edited:
I know that when you are selling Anthem's Med Advantage Plans it's required that you look all RX's up on Anthem's website not Medicare.gov.

If you get a complaint for wrong info on Medicare.gov, Anthem will toss you under the bus because they warn about that. It's much slower to update.

True that.I run the scripts on med.gov first because I have found it easier to navigate than any of carriers website and it's nice to see on one page which carrier has any restrictions.If they only take very common low cost drugs I will only use CMS if I am in hurry but if they take any expensive generics or brand names that I can't afford to be wrong about i will verify CMS results on carriers website.

True that.I run the scripts on med.gov first because I have found it easier to navigate than any of carriers website and it's nice to see on one page which carrier has any restrictions.If they only take very common low cost drugs I will only use CMS if I am in hurry but if they take any expensive generics or brand names that I can't afford to be wrong about i will verify CMS results on carriers website.

That's how I do it too. Works well.

Back