Is Medicare.gov Plan Finder Working for You/r Area?

What are the problems? This week, mine has given me a result with Aetna mail order being less than 1/2 the price of retail or of any other MAPD carriers mail order. Seems wrong, somehow. Never seen one under 1/2 of others or their own retail. Of course, Aetna's Medicare website tool only does retail, not mail order comp of their plans.

Still having issues and getting results that don't make a lot of sense. They must have used the folks from goodluck.gov to work on the Mcare site.

One drug list/client. Playing with the pharmacy choices, but keeping the primary one. In 5 minutes, I got 3 different plans, with a $1K variance in annual price. AARP, Humana/Walmart and Wellcare were not listed. I have 6 Part D reviews scheduled for today. NOT HAPPY.

I may have some of the issues figured out.

Or not.

Ran quotes for husband and wife. Both use Lipitor.

Lipitor works out to $515 (or something like that) for a 90 day supply ...... no discount.

Atorvastatin (generic Lipitor) is $12 for a 90 day supply.

Looks like they won't give a discount on brand if generic is available.

Still having other issues like the same plan run 10 minutes apart gives 2 different answers. I might as well ask the Magic 8 ball.

Do you guys think the kinks are worked out?

I ran one today with Cymbalta. I know it went generic, but the cheapest I can find is $400/month. That's out of control.

Back