Medicare Marketing Rules----The True Purpose ?

If you don't see any problem then nothing I say will change your mind.

JD, wasn't it CMS that capped agent compensation for selling MAPDs?

If you don't see any problem then nothing I say will change your mind.

JD, wasn't it CMS that capped agent compensation for selling MAPDs?

It was a letter from Humana to the chair of Ways & Means (Sen Baucus, who like the coward he is retired after screwing us with Obamacrap) that outlined the problem as being independent agents getting paid too much.

The actual issue was typically the captive agents having goals that they needed to hit so they would do and say anything.

This is why Humana is the debil.

Rick

Re: Local agencies on aging. A couple of their volunteers I met at a senior advocate event gave me the tsk tsk of being an independent agent, and couldn't consider referring folks because "Agents might be thinking of their commission more than the best plan for the beneficiary." They had that disapproving look like they were seeing an expired date on a bag of salad greens. Not that an agent couldn't win someone over in the agencies from lots of reviews/personal stories. I'll take a stab at a generalization, which is that they might tend to view agents as in it for their personal gain more than benefitting clients as a, for want of a better word, prejudice.
Those of us who knock ourselves out trying to help someone in a tough underwriting situation, and all the rest of the service provided, can be content with getting referrals from happy clients, or other paid professionals who don't compete with our products.

Last edited:
My local Area Agency on Aging probably enrolled 1000+ this last AEP.
They are just enrolling seniors and not receiving compensation.
Nothing wrong with that.

That is incorrect. They are receiving compensation. Nothing is free. Perhaps the volunteers personally do not receive compensation, but the Area Agency is receiving millions of dollars in donations and grants from both the federal government and from some large insurance companies. Each volunteer enter information into SHIPnpr.shiptalk.org Their grants depend on the volume of data they submit.

Also what comes into my awareness is how bad the local Area Agency discredits the Medicare agents. I strongly believe that they do that on the basis of financial gain.

Back