Medicare Part D - Harvoni

Re: Medicare Part D - Harvoni-Hep C generic now for $1,150

Reviving this thread I just found out about a doc who has been running trials on the many generics for Hep C treatment, essentially equivalent to the $80,000 version mentioned in this thread.

There is a buyer's club, and treatment can be had for $1,500 or less. It's not shady, the real deal. http://fixhepc.com/blog.html

Scroll down to the end of the article link below and beyond to read the comments by Kevin Hilde. The article apparently has some incomplete information, according to Kevin, the 1st USA beneficiary of the lower cost option.
https://www.statnews.com/pharmalot/2016/06/28/fda-approves-gilead-hepatitis-c/
He goes into detail about the work being done to get more generics at a reasonable price, by Dr. James Freeman.

Here is Kevin's description of his experience from his detailed post:
"About my own treatment: I was the very first American to show up in Dr. Freeman’s office, about 8 months ago. I was genotype 1a and was treated with sof and dac. I had my blood drawn for my 24 weeks after end of treatment test yesterday … will see the results in a few days, but I was “undetected” from 6 weeks into treatment through 12 weeks after EOT, so I’m really only doing this test as a confidence builder for other people. BTW my Sofosbuvir and Daclatasvir were from China and were compounded by a pharmacy in Sydney, Australia, and cost me a grand total of US$1150 for a twelve week treatment. Yes, I said One Thousand, One Hundred and Fifty US dollars for 12 weeks of treatment. I brought them back to the US with no problems at all.

Dr. James Freeman has been running trials of many generic versions of sofosbuvir, ledipasvir and daclatasvir, and presented his findings to the International Liver Congress (EASL) about two and a half months ago. He demonstrates that the generics are the equivalent of the brand name drugs in every way except price. It has gotten quite a bit of press in trade journals and almost none in the MSM."

Last edited:
Back