Medicare Rush in the Face of ACA Volatility

salesgirl

Expert
Just curious- anyone else seeing an influx of Medicare agents in the face of Trump's ACA threat?

I've had a lot of friends who do Under 65 switch or consider switching to Over 65. My concern there would be the more people who switch, the more competition in Over 65. It would seem even smarter to stay in Under 65 because there's less agents selling it. Obviously ACA is a wash, but if you're selling supplementals and offering ACA alternatives like Short Term Med and HIPs, I feel like you could really make a killing. While watching Under 65 agents jump ship and the Over 65 market get even more crowded.

You missed the boat. Agents have been jumping ship and over to Medicare for at least 3 years now.

But it's not because of Trumps "aca" it's because what started in 2014. Agents don't get paid anymore.

If anything, Trump could possibly bring back commissions

Just curious- anyone else seeing an influx of Medicare agents in the face of Trump's ACA threat?

I've had a lot of friends who do Under 65 switch or consider switching to Over 65. My concern there would be the more people who switch, the more competition in Over 65. It would seem even smarter to stay in Under 65 because there's less agents selling it. Obviously ACA is a wash, but if you're selling supplementals and offering ACA alternatives like Short Term Med and HIPs, I feel like you could really make a killing. While watching Under 65 agents jump ship and the Over 65 market get even more crowded.

Because 10,000 people a day turning 65 means there aren't enough to go around?

I do the trifecta (U65, O65 and Small Group) so I never have to do a hard turn to keep my income where I want it.

The last 2 years, U65 won the dollar amount. 2017 looks to be equal (and so will 2018). Who knows what happens in 2019.

Do what you love, there are plenty of people out there. Under or Over 65.

Such a strange post, why would agents be more afraid of what trump will do to the market than Obama?

Back