Medicare Script Question

Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Medicare Script Question     
Old 10-30-2009, 11:26 PM   #1

State: rost is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Medicare Script Question Medicare Script Question
Hello. I am new to the group and was just wondering if anyone here has an example of a CMS approved type of script regarding MA and Medicare supplements for outbound calling.

Thank you.
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Medicare Script Question
Old 10-31-2009, 06:50 AM   #2

State: dhecker is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
Medicare Script Question Re: Medicare Script Question
No outbound calling for MA plans allowed, per CMS.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:28 AM   #3
Guru
VaDwayne on Medicare Script Question - Insurance Forum

State: VaDwayne is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
VaDwayne is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by rost View Post
Hello. I am new to the group and was just wondering if anyone here has an example of a CMS approved type of script regarding MA and Medicare supplements for outbound calling.

Thank you.
You can't cold call for MA's, it' illegal. Contact Frank Stastney here on the forum for phone training.

By the way, how well do you know your product's?

Have you ever noticed that some people want you to be successful in life, just not more successful than them?
Old 10-31-2009, 11:33 AM   #4
Guru
HarryRenard on Medicare Script Question - Insurance Forum

State: HarryRenard is an Insurance Agent from Maryland
I would say Not to well, considering CMS has nothing to do with med supps and you cant call MA's.

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   How many stars are in USA flag? I agree to forum rules 

Old 11-08-2009, 07:26 PM   #5

State: rost is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Medicare Script Question Re: Medicare Script Question rost is the thread starter for: Medicare Script Question

Thank you for your responses. I guess I didn't phrase my question very well. What I need to know is what exactly can be said during the MA season (I know you're not supposed to call regarding MA, but we have been instructed to call at the agency where I work about "Medicare changes") that won't violate any CMS regulations.

The agency I am working for currently sends out some type of pamphlet (I have never seen the pamphlet), and, if interested, the consumer sends back a lead card stating that he/she is interested in "free Medicare changes information".

When calling, we state that we received the card and have additional information to get to him/her, but we need more information from him/her to get the information ready.

We ask the birthdate and how his/her health has been (has he/she ever had to use a wheelchair, walker, or oxygen, and in the last three years, has he/she had a history of heart trouble, strokes, or diabetes.

We then ask if he/she receives any type of government assistance such as Welfare or Medicaid.

If he/she asks what this is about during the conversation, we are supposed to state that it is about Medicare changes and updates. If he/she asks if we are employed by Medicare, we are supposed to state that we are approved by Medicare (I believe that is a CMS violation). When we are scheduling the appointment, and he/she wants to know why we are coming, we are supposed to state that we will be there to conduct a free review to ensure that he/she is getting everything he/she is entitled to. If he/she asks if this is regarding insurance, we are supposed to say that we can make arrangements for insurance.

Is there a site where I could obtain any examples of scripts that are legitimate?
Reply to Medicare Script Question 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Tags
medicare