Medicare Seminar

Seems to me he's doing everything right. Please 'splain the problem. Rick
If he offered specifics he risks another "Medicare doesn't cover cataract surgery" backlash when they turn out to be flat wrong. Better to stay vague. I have carefully studied the Medicare Marketing Guidelines. I know I'm compliant.

I misread the post. I am wrong. He is right. Please advise all future readers to this forum that I know not of what I speak of.

Waiting for WCMason to tell me how my client on a MA Plan who has an eye surgeon not in network gets the plan to pay for cataract surgery.

In fact, if you can copy and paste that response, and anytime you see me respond on the forum, please put that up as a warning.

Now, tell me specifically, how, if the eye surgeon is not in network, does the MA plan pay for cataract surgery.

As for your post I misread it. Thank you for responding so professionally.

Have a great Labor Day.

I misread the post. I am wrong. He is right. Please advise all future readers to this forum that I know not of what I speak of. Waiting for WCMason to tell me how my client on a MA Plan who has an eye surgeon not in network gets the plan to pay for cataract surgery. In fact, if you can copy and paste that response, and anytime you see me respond on the forum, please put that up as a warning. Now, tell me specifically, how, if the eye surgeon is not in network, does the MA plan pay for cataract surgery. As for your post I misread it. Thank you for responding so professionally. Have a great Labor Day.
If you had written in that earlier referenced post "An MAPD plan does not cover cataract surgery out of network" no one would have responded. Instead you wrote "Medicare does not pay for cataract surgery" which triggered several critical responses. You corrected that, which is great.

I only referenced that earlier post as a possible explanation for why your snarky post in this thread was absent of any detail supporting it.

Responding professionally? You consider your post professional? I mean in addition to being wrong.

Last edited:
You are correct.

I should have been more specific in my posting of the Medicare eye surgery topic. Believe me, I will be reminded of that for quite some time. Not paying full attention to your post did not help my cause.

I was multi-tasking and listening to music at the time when I misread your post.

You are correct.

I should have been more specific in my posting of the Medicare eye surgery topic. Believe me, I will be reminded of that for quite some time. Not paying full attention to your post did not help my cause.

I was multi-tasking and listening to music at the time when I misread your post.

Wait! Were you the one that said Medicare didn't pay for cataract surgery? How about hip replacement?

Rick

Educational seminars don't require registration with CMS and don't have restrictions on the food you can offer (you can actually put the cheese on the cracker for them without risking a "bundling" violation). They do require avoiding plan specifics and only giving out business card if they request it, among other easy to follow rules.

Are you 100% sure that CMS doesn't require educational event registration? I just finished UHC's Event Basics course and I interpreted that whether it's informal or formal, all educational/marketing events must be registered 14 days in advance in bconnect. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read you have to register all public events. This is required so they can shop you.

Last edited:
Are you 100% sure that CMS doesn't require educational event registration? I just finished UHC's Event Basics course and I interpreted that whether it's informal or formal, all educational events must be registered 14 days in advance in bconnect. I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure I read you have to register all public events.

Yes, you are wrong.

Rick

Yes, you are wrong.

Rick
Quoted directly from UHC's Event Basics Course:

"To insure the CMS requirement is met, UnitedHealthcare's policy is that all events (educational, marketing/sales, formal and informal) must be reported in bConnected prior to advertising, and not less than 14 days prior to the scheduled date of the event."

It also goes on to say conducting an unreported event is "prohibited"!

Back