Medicare Seminar

anonymous1

Guru
100+ Post Club
I am starting up medicare seminars this may and plan on having one a month until open enrollment....IT will be a sales seminar covering A B C and D ... talking about what each part covers and then going into Med Sup F/G and Coventry MAPD .... i plan on having somewhere around 10-20 people to start off Any pointers would be great... i am advertising by direct mail to those that are turning 65 in the next three months and have a 30 sec commercial that will be starting 10 days before and running 3 times a day for 3 days a week... and have a call- commercial that i do twice a week on local talk radio ..... Any pointers on the presentation would be great or hints on getting the most people there would be great... Thanks in Advance

Careful... you can't cover Med Supps and MAPD in the same seminar. Big CMS no-no. Can't talk about anything other than what is on the scope during a Med Advantage presentation.

we did over 50 seminars 7 agents last open enrollement and no issues with covering everything... was secret shopped at half of them no concerns about health related products you just cant sell life or annuity products during the seminars... all of our cms approved scopes have med sup rx ma mapd dental and hospital indemity plans on them ...

I am starting up medicare seminars this may and plan on having one a month until open enrollment....IT will be a sales seminar covering A B C and D ... talking about what each part covers and then going into Med Sup F/G and Coventry MAPD .... i plan on having somewhere around 10-20 people to start off Any pointers would be great... i am advertising by direct mail to those that are turning 65 in the next three months and have a 30 sec commercial that will be starting 10 days before and running 3 times a day for 3 days a week... and have a call- commercial that i do twice a week on local talk radio ..... Any pointers on the presentation would be great or hints on getting the most people there would be great... Thanks in Advance

Looks like the third poster here (anonymous1) has a lot of experience and can help you. :err:

If you are covering Coventry MAPD, you will need to file it with Coventry and they will file with CMS. I could be wrong, but I was thinking that Coventry doesn't file marketing events for external brokers, but I could be wrong...

Seems like you've done it in the past and you've been shopped, so I could very well be mistaken about Coventry's position on external brokers' marketing events. . .

Looks like the third poster here (anonymous1) has a lot of experience and can help you. :err:

i am far from knowing everything...
i am in my 7th year... i work with 5 expierenced agents all have 25+ years in the business mainly in medicare markets.. we started seminars for the first time last fall... it was a less than stellar performance...but i think it needs built up over time that is why i am starting now... most of my sales come from referrals from current members or calls from my two radio spots... going to start a generic med sup mailer and follow up with phone calls to set appointments... hopefully with better results than just cold calling...my goal is to get 100-150 new clients by years end..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
If you are covering Coventry MAPD, you will need to file it with Coventry and they will file with CMS. I could be wrong, but I was thinking that Coventry doesn't file marketing events for external brokers, but I could be wrong...

Seems like you've done it in the past and you've been shopped, so I could very well be mistaken about Coventry's position on external brokers' marketing events. . .
its already been filed with coventry since april 1st as they have to have it by the 18th for CMS... but thank you we have a good relationship with the coventry rep for our area.

Last edited:
i am far from knowing everything...
i am in my 7th year... i work with 5 expierenced agents all have 25+ years in the business mainly in medicare markets.. we started seminars for the first time last fall... it was a less than stellar performance...but i think it needs built up over time that is why i am starting now... most of my sales come from referrals from current members or calls from my two radio spots... going to start a generic med sup mailer and follow up with phone calls to set appointments... hopefully with better results than just cold calling...my goal is to get 100-150 new clients by years end..
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

its already been filed with coventry since april 1st as they have to have it by the 18th for CMS... but thank you we have a good relationship with the coventry rep for our area.

Do you deal with Cary up there? He's been a good guy in my experience. I mostly work with Coventry in the IFP market...I'd like to see their scope with supps and MAPD together.

My most successful seminars in the now distant past involved a meal, which now is a big no-no with CMS and MA plans.

The question to ask is, why would a senior come to your seminar? (And when I say your seminar I mean any agent doing a seminar) They can get all the info from their Medicare and You book. I know, the agent reply is you can decipher the Medicare and You book and give practical advise, but that is usually not motivation enough for seniors to come out.

The meAl is from a distant past I for one never had a meal convince me to buy something but it is what it is I talk to many people most don't read that book they are lazy and want someone like you to just tell them the answer I am friends with one of the most listened too talk radio shows here and I have been doing a call in radio commercial to start the spike of interest. People want to know their best value and how to protect themselves I also will be mailing the t65 list to generate more interest for those that a must need for insurance .....people want to learn from someone they feel they can trust if they have multiple contacts they start to warm up

Back