Medicare Seminars For Senior Market

AtMyTempo

I'm new to selling in the senior market. I am having good luck with individual appointments selling either Med Supps or Advantage plans one at a time, but I want to maximize my efforts during the Annual Election Period. Naturally, I would like to set up sales seminars with senior groups.
Any advice about how to do that?
I can't seem to find a "how to" source for arranging these events. I understand that they have to be filed somehow with Medicare. I can call Medicare for that info, but I could use expert advice on how to arrange the events, whom to target, and how to get my foot in the door.
Thanks!

Did you try your upline? I'd start there, atleast ask, that is what they are there for.

You can approach senior centers, libraries, or just advertise anywhere seniors congregate and possibly hold the seminar there as well.
You could also use direct mailers to invite seniors but that is more costly.

Re: Medicare Seminars

Only a small percentage of our total Medicare Advantage certified agents have success with seminars. Most them have deep roots in their markets or already have large blocks of enrollments that need to move.

The key is getting seniors to attend your seminar and that takes money. Medicare Advantage companies can help you with CMS approved marketing material and your FMO should be able to connect you to the right departments at the companies.

If seminar selling was easy, every agent would do them. The presentation is the easy. Getting people to attend is hard part.

Also - If you end up having seminars, make sure you file them with the Medicare Advantage plan you are presenting. There are several CMS rules around seminars and the company will be able to point you in the right direction.

Latest posts

Back