Medicare Supp. Insurance: Is this Worth Getting Into?

heartburn

Expert
I was thinking about getting into selling Med. Supp, but I heard that commission rates have changed over the years.

Is it still worth it to sell Med. Supp?

Do most companies pay asingle lump sum commission or do they provide a tiered commissionto other contributors to the sales process?

How do you get your best leads when selling med supp?

Any other feedback on your experience with selling med. supp. would be very much appreciated!

Med supps pay a decent commission. They are usually level for 1-8 years. That means you get the same commission every year based off of the original premium. You should expect it to be around 20%.

As for leads, you can drop mail, cold call or door knock. There are plenty of ways to get leads but those are what most people start with.

Med supps pay a decent commission. They are usually level for 1-8 years. That means you get the same commission every year based off of the original premium. You should expect it to be around 20%.

As for leads, you can drop mail, cold call or door knock. There are plenty of ways to get leads but those are what most people start with.

Most states are level for years 1-6.
You got lucky that IN pays level for 1-8, not that it matters to you, since you don't ever write anything.

I was thinking about getting into selling Med. Supp, but I heard that commission rates have changed over the years.

Is it still worth it to sell Med. Supp?

Do most companies pay asingle lump sum commission or do they provide a tiered commissionto other contributors to the sales process?

How do you get your best leads when selling med supp?

Any other feedback on your experience with selling med. supp. would be very much appreciated!

I would say yest it is worth it if you are in it for the long haul. What are your motivations?

I would say yest it is worth it if you are in it for the long haul. What are your motivations?

Long Haul, I am not sure about that, I have talked to several FMOs here in FL, and all said they are trying to make as much as possible before the landscape changes.

Especially if Obama gets in, another thread starter. Health Insurance was the first bomb to hit, and soon into MedSup/Mapds:mad:

Long Haul, I am not sure about that, I have talked to several FMOs here in FL, and all said they are trying to make as much as possible before the landscape changes.

Especially if Obama gets in, another thread starter. Health Insurance was the first bomb to hit, and soon into MedSup/Mapds:mad:
Speaking of FMOs - does anyone know what percentage of Med Supp sales are handled via FMOs?

Back