Medicare Supplement Insurance Service, Inc.

Medicare Coverage

Quote:
The phone rings and the lady of the house answers, 'Hello.'
'Mrs. Sanders, please.'
'Speaking.'
'Mrs. Sanders, this is Doctor Jones at Saint Agnes Laboratory. When your husband's doctor sent his biopsy to the lab last week, a biopsy from another Mr. Sanders arrived as well. We are now uncertain which one belongs to your husband. Frankly, either way the results are not too good.'
'What do you mean?' Mrs. Sanders asks nervously.
'Well, one of the specimens tested positive for Alzheimer's and the other one tested positive for HIV. We can't tell which is which.'
'That's dreadful! Can you do the test again?' questioned Mrs. Sanders.
'Normally we can, but Medicare will only pay for these expensive tests one time.'
'Well, what am I supposed to do now?'
'The folks at Medicare recommend that you drop your husband off somewhere in the middle of town. If he finds his way home, don't sleep with him.'

I could not get enough leads to make a living with MSIS and never did one thing unethical. They
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I could not get enough leads to make a living with MSIS and never did one thing unethical. They admitted they couldn't change that and I wasn't getting enough. They still would not release me without turning over my next 5 years in renewals-over 30K. There is something wrong with that. I am now with United and have lots of leads so why should I have made $100 less on every application when most of my business was generated by me anyway?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I sold Medicare Advantage plans through them-$300 an app. with $150 a year in renewals (United pays $400 an app.). They told me they never release agents without taking the renewals-maybe that's only on Advantage Plans?

Last edited:
Tony T....
Look up frank stastny on the forum, he should be able to help you.
He can give you a good education on Medicare supplements, and more importantly give you some ideas on how to make appointments for yourself.
what is your experience selling med supps in NJ?

I have been with MSIS for about 2 years now. Yes, you do get charged for your leads in the way of lower commissions in the 2nd and consecutive years. When I first started selling medicare supplements about a year before I signed up with MSIS it was very difficult to sell them to the point where I was not going to be able to make a living in that field. Through leads provided to me by MSIS I now live a comfortable life. It puts the food on the table and provides a roof over our heads( a nice roof.) Have I mentioned that if you as an agent with MSIS recruit agents to MSIS you also get over rides for as long as those agents keep selling through them? Maybe someday I may decided to go on my own but for now I really do plan to continue working their leads. About commission assignments, MSIS gets them all but MSIS does pay you for what ever business you write through them every Friday. Also MSIS does provide incentive trips for production. Keep in mind that to qualify for MSIS's trips they count your production from all the business you turn in through them, life, medicare advantage, long term care, annuities, you name it; through any company you have them.

I have been with MSIS for about 2 years now. Yes, you do get charged for your leads in the way of lower commissions in the 2nd and consecutive years. When I first started selling medicare supplements about a year before I signed up with MSIS it was very difficult to sell them to the point where I was not going to be able to make a living in that field. Through leads provided to me by MSIS I now live a comfortable life. It puts the food on the table and provides a roof over our heads( a nice roof.) Have I mentioned that if you as an agent with MSIS recruit agents to MSIS you also get over rides for as long as those agents keep selling through them? Maybe someday I may decided to go on my own but for now I really do plan to continue working their leads. About commission assignments, MSIS gets them all but MSIS does pay you for what ever business you write through them every Friday. Also MSIS does provide incentive trips for production. Keep in mind that to qualify for MSIS's trips they count your production from all the business you turn in through them, life, medicare advantage, long term care, annuities, you name it; through any company you have them.

A little spam here from a member with one post?

Yeah, I know that their agents recruit, at least now I do. One of their agents tried to recruit me today. He didn't seem to know his a**hole from his elbow, yet told me how much he recently sold in annuity. (Scary if true.) He ducked and dived when asked who the AOR would be. He hemmed and hawed around, finally saying "they're your clients" which is a lie based on what was posted here.

I told him that somebody else already tried to recruit me earlier in the month. He got all befuddled at that news and just said "I don't know him. Uh uh uh I'd rather have you under me." He kept getting the states confused. I asked what carriers? "All the carriers there in Ohio" when I'm in Louisiana. Earlier in the call he talked about Western states. Yes, very confidence inspiring...

Maybe it's really a fine organization, but I can't imagine these agents recruiting anyone but ignorant greenhorns. The first one told me they pay on submission as well, which is a good way to get an agent by the balls. (With Supps it probably isn't that risky, (unless you're submitting T65 apps months prior to actual issuance) but also unnecessary given how quickly they are issued.) At least he had the idea that less is more and referred me to the home office to get contracted and to get questions answered instead of digging the hole deeper.

Why every jackleg operation in the USA is trying to recruit me at this time, I'll never know. Due to a number of circumstances I've pretty much decided to get out of the business at this point. But you never know.

Last edited:
Back