Medicare Supplement Mailers

Greetings! I am new to the post and do not know how to start a new thread so I am posting this here. I have been an agent for several years now and have just now become appointed with several Medicare Advantage Carriers. I was thinking of sending out mailers to 50+ communities. Nothing Fancy because I know there are restrictions in this industry. Something that merely indicates I am a locale agent representing several local Med Advantage Companies and am available to help you or someone you know. Can anyone tell me if that would be a good LEGAL strategy?

In a word, NO! Medicare Advantage is regulated to the teeth. You may only use CMS approved toothpaste!

Seriously... you can only mail CMS approved mailers if you mention Medicare Advantage. Send out your mailers simply advertising your agency, or you can say you sell Medicare Supplements, but DO NOT use the word "Medicare Advantage" or you will get spanked!

In a word, NO! Medicare Advantage is regulated to the teeth. You may only use CMS approved toothpaste!

Seriously... you can only mail CMS approved mailers if you mention Medicare Advantage. Send out your mailers simply advertising your agency, or you can say you sell Medicare Supplements, but DO NOT use the word "Medicare Advantage" or you will get spanked!

Same goes for Part D as well.

Be sure to understand both CMS and your state regulations.

In my state if your use the word "Medicare" in your advertisement you had better get state approval or be subjected to a root canal.

Seriously, we all are scratching our heads with unanswered questions about allot of gray areas, but, advertising is very clear. Don't become an example...

Back