Medicare Supplement Plan F Vs N

wdisera

Hello,

I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method.

My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation.

Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider.

Thanks

Hello,

I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method.

My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation.

Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider.

Thanks

I am not licensed in Illinois, so I will answer.

We are all (almost) agents on this forum. We make a living and provide for our families by answering the questions you have posted.

I would hope that no one responds with the answer and that an agent in Illinois contacts you directly. Or perhaps you can contact a local agent and give them a chance to earn your business?

Thank you.

I am not licensed in Illinois, so I will answer.

We are all (almost) agents on this forum. We make a living and provide for our families by answering the questions you have posted.

I would hope that no one responds with the answer and that an agent in Illinois contacts you directly. Or perhaps you can contact a local agent and give them a chance to earn your business?

Thank you.

Let me add one more thing, not that it will make a difference since this guy has posted the same thing in 3 Forums:

AGENTS HAVE THE SAME RATES AS GOING DIRECTLY TO THE INSURANCE COMPANY, IT COSTS $0 TO WORK WITH A LICENSED, PROFESSIONAL AGENT.

I'm not licensed in Illinois either and have no interest in providing a very simple answer to the question.

Well said FLM2.

I hate individuals picking our brain
and doing it themselves and later running into propblems

This shopper should work with an agent and let that agent provide service
and a living.

Medicare supps can be bought directly? The way I figure, even if you go direct to the company there is an agent that signs you up. That agent makes a commission. That's just the way it is.

If you need help in this process feel free to PM me.

Medicare supps can be bought directly? The way I figure, even if you go direct to the company there is an agent that signs you up. That agent makes a commission. That's just the way it is. If you need help in this process feel free to PM me.

Umm, no. The person answering the phone at BCBS and UHC aren't getting paid a commission. They get paid an hourly rate. Additionally, they aren't being objective. They have only their plans to offer. And as many of us know, those two carriers are rarely the least expensive.

Hello, I am shopping for Medigap insurance. I live in Will County, lLLinois. I am considering Plan F and N am leaning towards Plan N. I considering BCBS and AARP/UHC. BCBS prices its product via age related and while it UHC uses a community rated method. My research shows over the long term, the community rated may be less expensive. Can anyone confirm this? I'm aware of other factors that go into the pricing such as actual claims and inflation. Also, any opinions on which company is better overall or possibly a completely different company I should consider. Thanks
A "community rated" plan that has an age-related "discount" that goes away a little bit every year mimics an attained age plan almost exactly and the community rating label does not necessarily make it less expensive.

Umm, no. The person answering the phone at BCBS and UHC aren't getting paid a commission. They get paid an hourly rate. Additionally, they aren't being objective. They have only their plans to offer. And as many of us know, those two carriers are rarely the least expensive.

so they go out and get licensed to sell health insurance then sit in a call center and get an hourly rate?

so they go out and get licensed to sell health insurance then sit in a call center and get an hourly rate?
Sure. Steady pay, benefits, no prospecting. An hourly rate agent can do better than an independent who can't figure out how to get in front of prospects.

I'm one of those agents answering the questions of people all day long that have no idea of the time the effort and the training that we go through. They are the same people that have a personal tendency to always run into problems that could have been avoided using a trained agent. They are also the ones that come to Costa Rica stay in an over priced Hotel, pay to much for everything and try to beat some little old lady out of fifty cents for some cheap trinket to take home to a life long friend.

Back