Medicare Supplements/ Advantage - Retirement Planning

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new as of today. I am struggling right now. I've been in the business for a while and I'm not satisfied with my activity and my income.

I'm thinking of getting into the Medicare Supplements market, with the intention of using those clients and sales to market retirement planning, rollovers, and life insurance sales.

Am I on the right track? Can anyone point me in the right direction by adding their thoughts? Can anyone steer me in the right direction as far as who I should talk to about getting contracted with the right IMO for Medicare and Advantage products?

Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned, I am struggling.

There are guys making 7 figures selling only Medicare supplements. Check out MedicareAgentTraining.com. Chris is a member of this forum (DaytonaGuy or something like that is his name), and his website and training took my business to a whole new level. Well worth the investment and if you contract with him and sell an app you get access to his training site for free.

Go for it. I just started a new agent in my office in Nov and she'll be averaging 4/week by the end of the first quarter. I think 4/week is a good start and am confident you'd do just as well. We leverage the med sups for cross sells on the P&C side as well as final expense.

Best of luck.

If you'd like to know our marketing strategy, send me a PM and I'll try to help you out.

KGMOM,

I disagree that MAPD clients will not need financial planning. Some of the wealthiest clients I have are on Medicare Advantage because the small copays don't even phase them. If you have $2 million the $25 Dr copays, etc don't worry them too much. Just my opinion and what I have seen.

KGMOM,

I disagree that MAPD clients will not need financial planning. Some of the wealthiest clients I have are on Medicare Advantage because the small copays don't even phase them. If you have $2 million the $25 Dr copays, etc don't worry them too much. Just my opinion and what I have seen.

Most of the wealthy clients I have seen prefer to pay more on premium to have the freedom to choose there own docs and to travel, They may on occasion be stuck on high F because they don't mind the out of pocket as you said,but still don't want to give up freedom and choice

Most of the wealthy clients I have seen prefer to pay more on premium to have the freedom to choose there own docs and to travel, They may on occasion be stuck on high F because they don't mind the out of pocket as you said,but still don't want to give up freedom and choice

My experience too. Generally, the people who end up in MA either can't afford or qualify for a regular med supp, "wealthy" or not. Not that most have anything to fear in a MA plan, especially here in Philly where all the doctors are in Blue Cross's MA network. Any doctor around here who doesn't take Blue Cross might as well close up shop.:yes:

I guess the MAPD I sell doesn't have a Network and haven't had any Dr. or Hospital in 200 mile radius not take it so that might be the difference. Have to treat in Emergency when traveling so not an issue either.

I guess the MAPD I sell doesn't have a Network and haven't had any Dr. or Hospital in 200 mile radius not take it so that might be the difference. .

For Now this is subject to change every year,

Don't forget there preauth and some treatments are declined due to cost, There are many cases where someone has been denied the better procedure that original Medicare would have approved

As far as emergency that's great, but its limited and it can be a Hassel Ins co can make it a process,

AARP often allows full service with passport program. This is great for a lot of people for a wealthier client its a hassle to call before hand, Believe me when some one has the attitude of I have the money I don't care about copays this same person will pay for convince does not like restrictions and maybe's

I have not seen a wealthier client that is properly informed choose MA over Medsupp, They may choose High Deductible F but not MA

I have seen some that were not informed at time of signing wanting to get a sup but not the other way around, Not once

----------

Now This is not to say MA is a bad plan and I have seen many Middle class go this route but not the ones that could care less about copay's because they have it like that, These want freedom and choice and no restrictions they don't like rules

Hello everyone,

I'm brand new as of today. I am struggling right now. I've been in the business for a while and I'm not satisfied with my activity and my income.

I'm thinking of getting into the Medicare Supplements market, with the intention of using those clients and sales to market retirement planning, rollovers, and life insurance sales.

Am I on the right track? Can anyone point me in the right direction by adding their thoughts? Can anyone steer me in the right direction as far as who I should talk to about getting contracted with the right IMO for Medicare and Advantage products?

Any and all responses would be greatly appreciated. As I mentioned, I am struggling.

Sounds like a good idea. Sell medsupps and cross sell the other products. Ive been doing it for awhile and it does work. Life/FE is a good cross sell, and you'll land an annuity once in awhile by just asking for the business. I would suggest waiting to add MAPD to your bag, as you may find it discouraging with all the rules and regulations they have.

pay more on premium to have the freedom to choose there own docs

That describes 100% of my client base. No networks for them.

the MAPD I sell doesn't have a Network and haven't had any Dr. or Hospital in 200 mile radius not take it

I am in metro Atlanta and have a family doc and dermatologist. Both of them have signs in the waiting room at the sign in sheet listing the dozen+ plans they do not take.

Every one is an MA plan.

I have not seen a wealthier client that is properly informed choose MA over Medsupp

On the money.

Sounds like a good idea. Sell medsupps and cross sell the other products. Ive been doing it for awhile and it does work. Life/FE is a good cross sell, and you'll land an annuity once in awhile by just asking for the business. I would suggest waiting to add MAPD to your bag, as you may find it discouraging with all the rules and regulations they have.
This was the answer I was looking for.

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I've been in the business for a while. I am new to this forum. I am looking for two things: Consistency and opportunity to expand my clientele.

I have made a living calling on business owners. I call on "x" amount per week, develop a relationship, go back, go back more, keep asking them probing questions until they will finally sit down with me for a few minutes. Once I get them where I can ask them some disturbing questions in private, I usually can open a case. Once I open a case, I usually close it. My sincerity and conviction are my biggest attributes.

This sales process is too long. I usually sell nice sized cases, but I'm tired of the downtime in between. As I read about the senior market, I see smaller sized sales but more consistency, which is what I'm looking for. However, I don't want to just run off and leave everything I have learned.

So, I will rephrase my initial question: Is anyone here successful at pivoting from the Medicare suppliment sale to annuities, investments, long term care, I don't care - another sale? I want to make clients out of this market, not just customers.

That is my real question. Comments and suggestions - please.

Latest posts

Back