Medicare Supplements going independent suggestions

Raeinsure

Getting information together to go independent. Any help to get started would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I have been top producer for meds supposed at small call center. I used to do ma but do not want to now. Trying to figure out best lead source and FMO.

I have been top producer for meds supposed at small call center. I used to do ma but do not want to now. Trying to figure out best lead source and FMO.

Best lead source: You'll either have to spend time or money (or both). You need to get your head around the fact that there will be no more leads handed to you in the call center. It's 100% up to you or your Amex.

Best FMO: Who knows... you're putting the cart before the horse, though, in my opinion. First, find the carriers you want to sell based on your market THEN find the FMO's offering the carriers. It's as simple as, "What % for company X" No need to have all carriers with one FMO.

Just don't waste a ton of time - get contracted quickly because generating leads will be far more expensive and/or time-consuming than you originally thought when you told the call center that you were going to go out on your own.

And just how are you going about trying to figure this out. Aside from posting on the forum?

Rick

Have TT p&c agencies to send me leads ,looking into avatar leads, mailers and researching which states I want to get licensed with. In FL only now. I have p & c connections as I am licensed in that as well. Good responses. Also researching FL FMO/IMO.

I will throw our FMO into the mix for contracting. We never give out below street level when it comes to commissions. You are truly independent; meaning you don't assign your commissions to us as you get paid directly from the insurance company. We do give releases if you ever need them. We have most of the companies you will need.

You don't need a local IMO/FMO. That does nothing for you, so don't limit yourself.

Just give us a call if you want to chat.

And just how are you going about trying to figure this out. Aside from posting on the forum?

Rick

Have TT p&c agencies to send me leads ,looking into avatar leads, mailers and researching which states I want to get licensed with. In FL only now. I have p & c connections as I am licensed in that as well. Good responses. Also researching FL FMO/IMO.

Avatar leads are illegal so drop that idea. Plus they don't work for Medicare. Mailers can work but I've found the return to be low.

FMO's are easy. I like Todd King who responded in this thread already. I suggest a quick phone call to him might shorten the learning curve as to which states to add.

Rick

Back