Medicare Supplements in Texas - Newbie Questions

TopSecret

Okay guys newbie here, licensed in Texas, want to sell Medicare Supplements. I want to go “direct” if possible.
I cross-referenced through TDI to find companies that were competitive on price. I come up with: United of Omaha Life, Colonial Penn, Bankers, American Continental and Family life. So far all require an FMO. Not sure about American ….

Is there any companies that go direct for Med-Supps in Texas?
If I have to join an FMO who offers the best contracts?
If you had to pick, which Companies to go with etc. which ones and why?
Should I put all of them with the same FMO etc.?
…… Doesn’t seem like a good idea and really don’t want to deal with an upline.

Any advice would be appreciated. :err:

You can contract direct with ACI.

Thank You Zydo for the reply. ACI seems to be, out of the ones mentioned above, most competitive with Plan B and F. If I go with an FMO do you have any recommendations?

Get in touch with Frank.

Yeah, because THAT'S a direct contract. :err:

Truth is that most carriers do not offer a true direct to home office contract. Old Surety does, I think. But getting them to send you one is seemingly impossible.

The closest you can get to "direct" is by contracting through an FMO that is truly direct. That way there is no other upline in the hierarchy; just you and your FMO.

As far as good, competitive supp companies here in Texas I sell United of Omaha, Forethought, Woodmen and Sentinel. Beating United of Omaha here in Texas is tough. They are unisex rated so they have the best rates for males and they're one of very few carriers that offer a household discount. Plus everyone knows who United of Omaha is.

Old Surety is competitive, but as I mentioned, getting a contract is nearly impossible.

I have the majority of my med supp contracts through Precision Senior Marketing mostly because they're local for me and I know the guys. Good crew. Additionally, they are direct to the carrier so I don't get locked up under the Evil Empire.

Premier Senior Marketing in Nebraska is another good outfit I use for Life products that Precision doesn't offer.

What I can't get from either of those I generally go through Eldercare in Little Rock. Steve Brooks there is a really cool guy. I generally pick up anything that AIMS does through them.

Using the Texas DOI to compare rates isn't a bad idea but the rates they display are generally not up to date or accurate, so don't quote it as gospel.

Last edited:
Christian Fidelity and Oxford Life have direct Medicare Supplement in Texas, the rates aren't the best but are competitive in some areas and they do telephone sales so you wouldn't have to drive across the state.

Christian Fidelity and Oxford Life have direct Medicare Supplement in Texas, the rates aren't the best but are competitive in some areas and they do telephone sales so you wouldn't have to drive across the state.

Oxford does? I've been hearing about this one, but I thought it was an SMS deal. Is it competitive?

Let me clarify.....you can contract direct with ACI. I sure as hell am. :twitchy:

With regard to your FMO question, contract Frank.

Does that work for you Superchief?

Oh I wasn't disputing your ACI comment at all; just the latter one. No worries though.

Last I checked Oxford was not competitive AT ALL!

To reiterate what the others said, you have to go through an FMO. I use Amerilife (NOT the captive side) for my GA contracts with United of Omaha, Assured Woodmen of the World, Gerber, Forethought. I use Benefitmall for United Healthcare AARP, Humana (small group), BCBS and Aetna. I just did my contracting with these, and I don't know if I will even end up using BCBS or Aetna, but I know I will be using UHC just because of that damn AARP branding. I don't remember who I got my Medico contract through, I believe it was called "The Brokerage" located here in Dallas. Medico also offers a med supp here, but I just received an email about a commission change on their guaranteed issue policies. They will only pay the full commission on people turning 65 or aging into Medicare, those who had plans terminated or are coming out of an MA or employee group plan will earn a flat commission of $24 per year, then $12 per year following. Generous, huh? I will be avoiding those like the plague....

Back