Medicare Vs. FE Leads

Medicare.guy

Expert
Decided first of the year to focus on Medicare, based on persistence, renewals and what I perceived as Medicare being an easier conversation to have. Assumed I could pivot to FE

Tried a couple of months of T65 leads--great returns, very low closing. (Not taking Medicare yet, Has VA, Spousal coverage etc etc etc etc etc)

Couple of months of Med Supp/MAPD leads--good returns, very low closing (I WONT change what I have--not sure why I sent it in, Tricare or retiree coverage--not sure why I sent it in etc etc etc etc)

Im sure others have faced this before.

What am I missing? Are DM leads not the best way to sell Medicare? Or maybe I am not using the right lead service?

Im considering going back to what I was doing in previous years during the SEP---mail and sell FE and then try to pivot to Medicare.

Been grinding this over and over--and no real solution!

Decided first of the year to focus on Medicare, based on persistence, renewals and what I perceived as Medicare being an easier conversation to have. Assumed I could pivot to FE Tried a couple of months of T65 leads--great returns, very low closing. (Not taking Medicare yet, Has VA, Spousal coverage etc etc etc etc etc) Couple of months of Med Supp/MAPD leads--good returns, very low closing (I WONT change what I have--not sure why I sent it in, Tricare or retiree coverage--not sure why I sent it in etc etc etc etc) Im sure others have faced this before. What am I missing? Are DM leads not the best way to sell Medicare? Or maybe I am not using the right lead service? Im considering going back to what I was doing in previous years during the SEP---mail and sell FE and then try to pivot to Medicare. Been grinding this over and over--and no real solution!

Regardless of your product 75-80% of your leads will be garbage. But you make great money selling the rest of them. So it works out.

Starting out selling Medicare is tough to cash flow. FE to Medicare is way easier to start with.

Guess I shoulda been more specific--not starting out. I migrated to this business when Investment industry collapsed; had a lotta licenses and had to find a new gig so went to Medicare then later added FE.

I wanted more Medicare business for higher renewals and persistency

Guess I shoulda been more specific--not starting out. I migrated to this business when Investment industry collapsed; had a lotta licenses and had to find a new gig so went to Medicare then later added FE. I wanted more Medicare business for higher renewals and persistency

That's different then. If you have plenty of cushion behind you going the Medicare route is a good move if you want to build it slower but real nice long term payoff. Unless you believe "the sky is falling" guys about Medicare.

Regardless of your product 75-80% of your leads will be garbage.

^^^
What he said.

You have to have a strong system in place regardless of what leads your using or product you are selling.

The most successful agents I speak with seem to always be buying large quantities of leads and cutting the low hanging fruit.

Then rinse and repeat.

That's different then. If you have plenty of cushion behind you going the Medicare route is a good move if you want to build it slower but real nice long term payoff. Unless you believe "the sky is falling" guys about Medicare.
I love those "sky is falling" types regarding Medicare. Anything that may thin the herd is a good thing.

Newbies that come in and run out of the business--have no idea what they are doing, put people on horrible plans---and then ALL agents get painted as incompetent

Back