Medicare & You Book Cost to Taxpayers

thomasm

Guru
1000 Post Club
Nebraska
Anybody know how much the Federal Government spends on publishing and mailing out this book every year that no one bothers to read?

Is it lumped in with the $66.03 Billion spent on Medicare and Health in 2015?

Can this $66.03 billion be broken down or itemized further?

Any resources or data you can point me to help my research would be appreciated!

Doubt it will help me sell more policies, but it would be interesting to know where all this money goes.:goofy:

----------

Oops! I was off on my figures. Medicare & Health spending was actually 1.05 trillion in 2015!

I don't have an answer, but curious what your solution would be to cut costs on printing and distributing the guide(s).

I don't have an answer, but curious what your solution would be to cut costs on printing and distributing the guide(s).

Maybe give people the OPTION to "OPT OUT" from receiving it every year? I'm sure that many have no real interest in receiving it every year.

Maybe give people the OPTION to "OPT OUT" from receiving it every year? I'm sure that many have no real interest in receiving it every year.
That's probably the best option!

When I show seniors pages 100-101 (2016 edition) I ask did they know about this. Not one person has ever said yes.

Most of them didn't even know there were other plans out there besides Plan F!

They tell me they haven't gotten around to reading it yet. Funny I hear the same thing when I call after I send out a packet to people without email.

I've learned not to ask whether they had a chance to look it over yet.

I just take control and ask them to go grab the packet, so we can over it right now on the phone!

My conversions are 25% higher on those packet mail outs now that I started doing that.

You can do the same by asking them to go grab their Medicare & You book so you can "go over a few things".

I've learned not to ask whether they had a chance to look it over yet.

Frank Stastny had a great way of asking.

"DO YOU RECALL seeing the information I mailed"?

----------

From Frank's training manual ....

“Hello Mrs. Smith, my name is Frank Stastny. We recently sent you valuable information
about the changes Medicare has made, do you recall having received that information?
You don’t? That is valuable information that you need to know, Medicare has made
significant changes that directly affect you. I’m going to be in your area on Thursday is
it okay if I stop by and drop that information off?”

The Medicare and you book is a great sales aid if used correctly. Im glad they send it.

Yes. but I doubt if more than 10-15% of the beneficiaries ever read it....so another big waste of money by the government.

Im sure the insurance companies think they same thing when they send out summary of benefits, and only 10-15% of customers read it.

... i suppose the only difference is insurance companies get sued, and thats a way to cover their arse. But when a senior wants to sue medicare, the govt just gives them the finger. So it really does make wonder why they even bother sending the books out. Im starting to feel like I am rambling. ..:SLEEP:

Frank Stastny had a great way of asking.

"DO YOU RECALL seeing the information I mailed"?

----------

From Frank's training manual ....

“Hello Mrs. Smith, my name is Frank Stastny. We recently sent you valuable information
about the changes Medicare has made, do you recall having received that information?
You don’t? That is valuable information that you need to know, Medicare has made
significant changes that directly affect you. I’m going to be in your area on Thursday is
it okay if I stop by and drop that information off?”
I have his training manual too. I don't want to have to stop by and drop something off when there 1500 miles away though. haha.

Frank gave "good phone", but I'm not sure he actually took the apps over the phone.

Frank's methods can certainly be adapted to your particular sales process. Phone sales or F2F, it may work for you.

My point was his use of the phrase "Do you recall ....".

Works better than "What did you do with the stuff I sent you? Throw it away?".

Pretty sure Frank got away from F2F and used regular mail and email. Don't know if he ever used e-apps or not. Probably did for the carriers that offered them.

He was "old school" but adapted fairly well to technology.

Latest posts

Back