Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan     
Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #1
Guru
insurance0707 on Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan - Insurance Forum

State: insurance0707 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
insurance0707 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan
I know Medico has made changes to electronic enrollment for their Dental, Vision and Hearing plan. In the past, you could just send them a link and they filled out their information and enrolled. Now it looks like you have to have all of the clients info, social security #, checking account routing #, etc. and then you can send them a link to enroll. Some people probably won't want to give that info to you over the phone. Has anyone figured out away around this or is there still a way you can just send a link?

thanks in advance to any responses
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan
Old 01-05-2013, 05:39 PM   #2

State: Guest is an Insurance Agent from
Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan Re: Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan
Originally Posted by insurance0707 View Post
I know Medico has made changes to electronic enrollment for their Dental, Vision and Hearing plan. In the past, you could just send them a link and they filled out their information and enrolled. Now it looks like you have to have all of the clients info, social security #, checking account routing #, etc. and then you can send them a link to enroll. Some people probably won't want to give that info to you over the phone. Has anyone figured out away around this or is there still a way you can just send a link?

thanks in advance to any responses
I have sold one policy with medico, never been paid, used their link too, customer service is crap with them, they just pass the buck, won't sell them so sorry, no i don't know.

Old 01-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #3
Guru

State: Stephen is an Insurance Agent from Arkansas
Stephen is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan Re: Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan
Originally Posted by insgal View Post
I have sold one policy with medico, never been paid, used their link too, customer service is crap with them, they just pass the buck, won't sell them so sorry, no i don't know.
I haven't been paid on the few that I have sold either.
Old 01-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #4
Guru

Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan Re: Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan insurance0707 is the thread starter for: Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan

I wonder why they got rid of the link to enroll. That looked like it would have been very convenient for the client and the agent

Register Now for FREE!
To sign up for your FREE INSTANT account, please complete the form.

Username:
    Password:   Confirm Password:     E-Mail:   Confirm E-Mail:     

Question of the day:   Two plus 5 is equal to I agree to forum rules 

Old 01-06-2013, 03:48 PM   #5
Guru

State: retread is an Insurance Agent from Kansas
retread is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by insgal View Post
Guess this varies with the producer. I have been paid on my sales and found sales support very helpful.

Some guys were talking on the subject of boxers vs. briefs. I noticed that those who were wild and footloose liked boxers and those who were more uptight liked briefs. When they asked me, "Which do you like, boxers or briefs?" I said... "Depends."
Old 01-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #6
Guru
JimmyUt on Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan - Insurance Forum

State: JimmyUt is an Insurance Agent from Utah
JimmyUt is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
I would look at UCT's DVH plan. I get paid with regularity and the plans are pretty comparable. I know someone who sells both and prefers UCT.(United Commercial Travelers)

Jimmy
Senior Services of Utah
www.utahseniorservices.com,
Old 01-07-2013, 09:34 AM   #7
Guru
billyg on Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan - Insurance Forum

State: billyg is an Insurance Agent from Colorado
I have nothing against Medico. I sell a ton of their Med Supp, service is great and commissions paid as expected. I would gladly sell their DVH, but I've found UCT to be a better value for my clients. It goes to 90% and $2,000 max benefit which is what most of my customers want.
Old 01-07-2013, 10:14 AM   #8
Guru

Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan Re: Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan insurance0707 is the thread starter for: Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan

I do sell both UCT and Medico. Medico is a bit cheaper and offers 2 cleanings a year. Cleanings are covered immediatly and with UCT there's a 3 month waiting period. I don't like the $100 deductible that Medico has but there's tradeoffs on both plans.
Old 01-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #9
Guru

State: jemelton is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
what comp do these plans pay?
Old 01-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #10
Guru
JimmyUt on Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan - Insurance Forum

State: JimmyUt is an Insurance Agent from Utah
JimmyUt is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Originally Posted by jemelton View Post
what comp do these plans pay?
Street on UCT is 50% in most states, but I can get you something higher than that. Feel free to message or email me if you are interested.
Reply to Medico's Dental, Vision & Hearing Plan 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forum > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Tags
group vision, group dental