Medigap Hi F Going Away Too?

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
With the mandated retirement of new F plans in 2020 I assume this means Hi F will leave as well. Will it be replaced with Hi G?

serveimage

Oh I thought you said Hi OG....

If retirees wanted high deductible plans they would buy them, but most of the ones I talk to don't.

They are willing to pony up $147 but not much more.

In GA most N plans are about $30 more than many of the Hi F plans almost making Hi F irrelevant.

Medicare MSA's are permitted but I think only exist in a few states. Pairing a savings account with an MA plan can make sense if retirees would actually make a deposit to the account and there were incentives to do so.

Beyond that, I doubt many are sold. Making a deposit to your MSA does not generate a commission and soaks up dollars that can be used for high commission add-on plans like Medicare Advantage Plus, hospital indemnity, cancer plans, etc.

Seems that the differences between Medicare with a Supplement and Medicare Advantage Plans are becoming fewer. In a few years, is it possible that (due to budget and logic) only one of these two choices will exist?

I do not think HDF will go away. This is what some want Medicare to be doing. HDF can be good for some and really bad for others. I have more and more clients wanting this because they are coming off group plans of 2,500 to 5,000 deductible. I do think the education on how HDF is different is key.

I do not sell a lot of HDF, but have more asking for something with higher deductibles.

Latest posts

Back