Medigap Telesales - Do You Sell in NY?

A couple of years back I vaguely remember hearing that only one FMO was able to offer telesales for UHC/AARP. I think it was Senior Market Sales out of NE. I'm in PA and spend a lot of time in the summer in the Northeastern part of the state near the NY line and may try and sell Supps there in person this year.

Huh you mean if I am not contracted with Senior Market Sales out of NE, I would not be able to sign someone up if not face to face, Jeeze What should I do with the few Hundred AARP clients I have both MA and Med Supp being I never do face to face, Wish I knew the before I signed all these over the last 5 years

----------

I just wanted to mention that Medicare Supplements in the state of NY are community rated - I found confirmation of this on medicareinterative.org (I haven't submitted enough posts to add the link).

Not sure if you were aware of that already but that may factor into selling in the state of NY.

What difference does that make Plan N hasn't seen increase in years plan F minimal increase

Last edited:
Not specific to NY but a quick telesales question. Anyone ever written a telesales or e-app while out of the country? I can't seem to find a straight answer on the legality of this, and was wondering if I can turn this into a working vacation. I got two apps to write and both clients don't want to wait for me to return.

Last edited:
Not specific to NY but a quick telesales question. Anyone ever written a telesales or e-app while out of the country? I can't seem to find a straight answer on the legality of this, and was wondering if I can turn this into a working vacation. I got two apps to write and both clients don't want to wait for me to return.

I'm not sure that the companies look up your IP address to make sure where you're at. i think you would be fine.

That's nice! I hate tearing those apps out of the booklet!

I was thinking the same thing the other day regarding their Part D apps. It's practically impossible to tear the pages out without ripping them. I think they hate agents so much they don't care and don't want to make it easy for agents to do buisness.

That's nice! I hate tearing those apps out of the booklet!

I was thinking the same thing the other day regarding their Part D apps. It's practically impossible to tear the pages out without ripping them. I think they hate agents so much they don't care and don't want to make it easy for agents to do buisness.

I remember years ago I ordered a batch of supplies...might have been ACI, and none of the perforations went all the way through, so I had to use my handy dandy little pocket knife to get them out since you couldn't tear them out.:yes:

Back