Medsupp for 74 Yo F

John Galt

Guru
100+ Post Club
Jawga
Zipcode is 30240 in Georgia, 74 year old female, smoker, has BCBS currently, plan F paying $223.00 per month, should have no problem with UW, takes one blood pressure med benazipril 20mg. Please let me know from you medsupp gurus what the best medsupp Plan F would be for her, thanks.

Globe has the best rate @ $173. If you are not appointed with Globe the next best option would be Equitable @ $186.

Personally I would not recommend OIC, Manhattan or Companion. They come in between Globe and Equitable.

"Best" is subjective. I look at carriers with a 5 yr history. OIC, Manhattan and Companion miss the mark.

Be ready for people to not know who Globe is, but they're well aware of who Mutual of Omaha is.

BTW, can you contract with Globe as independent?

Globe has the best rate @ $173. If you are not appointed with Globe the next best option would be Equitable @ $186.

Personally I would not recommend OIC, Manhattan or Companion. They come in between Globe and Equitable.

"Best" is subjective. I look at carriers with a 5 yr history. OIC, Manhattan and Companion miss the mark.

I agree that I wouldn't put them with OIC, Manhattan or Companion, but what makes you think Globe is stable? They are pretty new in the med supp arena themselves.

Equitable I would agree on.

I agree that I wouldn't put them with OIC, Manhattan or Companion, but what makes you think Globe is stable? They are pretty new in the med supp arena themselves.

Globe has been in the market at least 5 years, haven't they? As for not putting them with OIC, I would in a heartbeat as would many other agents. I would just suggest to play your cards right.

what makes you think Globe is stable? They are pretty new in the med supp arena themselves.

CSG says 33 years. I assume that is at least in the ballpark.

Frankly this is the first time they have come up on my radar. Combination of zip and age gave them the low rate.

Globe used to (and maybe still does) write term life and juvenile plans. I remember seeing their ad in magazines.

I don't have them in my quiver and don't know that I would add them (or anyone else) just to write one case.

CSG says 33 years. I assume that is at least in the ballpark. Frankly this is the first time they have come up on my radar. Combination of zip and age gave them the low rate. Globe used to (and maybe still does) write term life and juvenile plans. I remember seeing their ad in magazines. I don't have them in my quiver and don't know that I would add them (or anyone else) just to write one case.

Globe is direct to consumer aren't they?

Do they have independent agents selling their med sups?

Same with Companion. That's a new BCBS of SC product. No rate increase history, so put that in the same category as globe.

Back