The Mighty BCBS OF NC Has Fallen

Ncinsured

Expert
BCBS of NC announced their 2015 plans. The $0 plan will be $38 and their best plan which is $18 will be $ 64 in 2015. I will take great pride in switching the many Bcbs members this AEP.

Yeah, I'm sure the loyal Blue clients are going to bolt over a buck and change a day increase. Many, many more will stay rather than leave...

Yeah, I'm sure the loyal Blue clients are going to bolt over a buck and change a day increase. Many, many more will stay rather than leave...
I doubt it. In several counties in the Triad they are dropping these plans and offering a higher dollar plan in its pace. Also they are redefining their providers in these counties. Blue Cross has basically stated this is a rebuilding year. They bought the business for 3 years and they are paying the price. Star ratings have dropped therefore they get less government compensation therefore the plans suffer. Could not happen to a nicer company. I will move a bunch of them.:biggrin::biggrin:

----------

What are they doing on under 65 in NC?

Hopefully better then they did last year.

Aetna, cigna, first carolina care and maybe the $0 uhc plan will erase many a BCBS clients. Since most are in the $18 a month plan that will be $64 it should be easy. The might has fallen

Aetna, cigna, first carolina care and maybe the $0 uhc plan will erase many a BCBS clients. Since most are in the $18 a month plan that will be $64 it should be easy. The might has fallen

Agreed. UHC is good though they have that Duke Hospital problem. Their PPO might work. Going to be an interesting selling season.

I have med only hi copayment and no silv snk for 2015 what r my options

----------

BCBS of NC announced their 2015 plans. The $0 plan will be $38 and their best plan which is $18 will be $ 64 in 2015. I will take great pride in switching the many Bcbs members this AEP.

Are there any good options?

----------

Have med only copays up silv sneakers gone
should in be looking at other ins co

----------

Do other nc ins co have med only policies

----------

In the duke area the 4.5 star Aetna ppo will do the trick.

How about in davie county?

In the duke area the 4.5 star Aetna ppo will do the trick.

In my main county in the Triad not only is BCBS pulling out:D, Coventry is pulling out and Aetna is not available. That basically leaves UHC and Humana. I would not hit a lick for Humana. Going to be a major push for Med Supps for those that can afford it.:cool:

Back