Missouri SPAP Being Suspended 7/1

kstein

Guru
1000 Post Club
For those of you that sell in MO, the Missouri Rx program has been suspended effective 7/1. No new enrollment and those on the plan will no longer have coverage for 50% of their medication costs.

Members are getting letters now informing them of their loss of coverage. There are over 240,000 Missourians on MORx.

Update On Status Of MORx In Missouri Legislature « ma4

WOW I had heard some people over a certain income would get whacked. Budget is worse than they thought so there was a bigger cut

I just got off the phone with MoRx

If a member is a DUAL ELIGIBLE--has MEDICAID AND MEDICARE---even if its not "FULL" Dual eligible

They will continue to get MoRx. So its not been totally suspended.

So QMB, QMB Plus, SLMB, QDWI etc--if they have Medicare they STILL get Mo Rx

Kansas has been getting swamped with Medicaid recipients from Missouri---FAR better benefits in Kansas and easier to get. Don't tell the East Coast media that though they have their own "facts" to spread

Ya but the vast majority of those people are LIS and extra help so I assume the fed gov takes the brunt of the additional expenses there.

This almost happened a few yrs ago and some emergency funding appeared. We'll see this time...

Mo Rx had higher income guidelines--people that didn't get Extra Help could get Mo Rx

Its going to be a mess but between LIS, PAPs, Maker samples it will be ok

We warned our clients in the early June newsletter, told them to call the governor's office. The letters hit, man they called here instead. What can I do? We have been re-running drug list to see if a SEP change will make a big difference, so far no changes are needed. For the ones on cheaper drugs it is not so painful, but for those that are paying $200-300/month after MORx, that is a huge jump in their monthly expenses.

Latest posts

Back