MLIC E-app Disabled Question

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
Does anyone know why Manhattan asks if you are disabled on the e-app? You are required to answer to get a quote and submit.

Initial enrollment and GI are not allowed to ask health questions, so why is it there? Just submitted an app on a T65 client that might meet the definition of disabled but we answered "no".

I asked my new Ritter rep and got her standard response ........... call MLIC.

If the answer is "yes" but applicant is guaranteed issue do the rates change? Are they declined even though health questions cannot be asked? What is MLIC's definition of disabled. If we answer no and MLIC later determines they were disabled at the time of the app what is the recourse on a GI/IEP app?

Does anyone know why Manhattan asks if you are disabled on the e-app? You are required to answer to get a quote and submit.

Initial enrollment and GI are not allowed to ask health questions, so why is it there? Just submitted an app on a T65 client that might meet the definition of disabled but we answered "no".

I asked my new Ritter rep and got her standard response ........... call MLIC.

If the answer is "yes" but applicant is guaranteed issue do the rates change? Are they declined even though health questions cannot be asked? What is MLIC's definition of disabled. If we answer no and MLIC later determines they were disabled at the time of the app what is the recourse on a GI/IEP app?

As your Ritter rep said...call MLIC.:laugh:

Seriously, they can't ask any health questions. I'm sure that question is there for someone under 65 on Disability Medicare. MLIC's asking that question in case they've had the Disability Medicare longer than 6 months and it has to be underwritten. Also for the rate. MLIC, as with most Med Supp carriers charge the 99 year old rate for an U65 Med Supp.

Bob,
I'm not contracted with Manhattan so I haven't seen their eapp but sounds like if you answer yes to the disability question, it would lead to a follow up question asking for Part B effective date?
-Bill

Bob, I just did a mock e-app on MLIC's site. I did T-65 and marked yes on the disability question. It gave me the 65 year old rate and when I clicked on Apply Online, it asked no health questions on the e-app.

Thanks Tom. I did the same thing after talking with my Ritter rep again. She didn't understand why I was concerned.

Did a 65 app and age 64 app checking yes to disabled then checking no to disabled. Had no impact on rates.

Just started trying MLIC to see what happens. The e-app is not the most intuitive but not the least either.

Back