Modernized Med Sups

NC Agent

I am rusty on the med sup market but it appears to me that most companies like United Omaha and Gerber Life don't have plans to roll out a modernized Plan M or N. I know that their respective websites show plan approvals for effective dates of June 1st and beyond but neither carrier shows a Plan M or N. Do any of you guys and gals know of any carriers who appear to be aggressive with Plan M or N rollouts? Thanks in advance for any guidance!

I believe carriers are holding back on both M and N right now. I have been told that they will be coming later. It isn't logical to assume that the major carriers will not have at least one or the other.

It almost looks like no one wants to be the first to announce.

Thanks Frank......that makes sense to me...I guess they are angling to see another carriers rates before they submit theirs for approval...

I am rusty on the med sup market but it appears to me that most companies like United Omaha and Gerber Life don't have plans to roll out a modernized Plan M or N.

I've seen the Outline of Coverage for the already-approved states - they do exist (when the website's not down). But the rates are not out yet -that's what they're holding out on as they're trying to calibrate based on the competition. I heard last week it'll be April for the rates.

Example, here's Gerber's Outline of Coverage for post-June 1 in Michigan.

Here's for Mutual/United of Omaha approved states already:

2010 Modernization Plan State Approvals

Our modernized plans have been approved in the following states for coverage effective dates on and after June 1. Outlines of coverage will be available in early December.

Alabama United World

Arizona United of Omaha

Arkansas United of Omaha

District of Columbia Mutual of Omaha

Delaware United World

Georgia United of Omaha

Illinois United of Omaha

Iowa United of Omaha

Kentucky United of Omaha

Michigan United of Omaha

Minnesota United World

Montana United World

Nebraska Mutual of Omaha

Nevada United of Omaha

New Mexico United World

Ohio United of Omaha

Oklahoma United of Omaha

Oregon United of Omaha

South Carolina United of Omaha

South Dakota United World

Virginia United of Omaha

West Virginia United of Omaha

Wisconsin United of Omaha

Wyoming United World

Last edited:
The latest rumor on MOO is that they have filed M&N in 41 states. Premiums may be between 60% and 80% of Plan F in the individual state and commissions are going to stay the same.

However, tomorrow that may all change. No one other than the people at MOO will know the exact figures until they are officially released. I think all companies are still in a CYA mode when it comes to M&N premiums. Information could be available as early as March.

Yish.....
Now we have "Pre-Standardized", "Standardized", and "Modernized".
I still have about 200 clients on Pre-Standardized plans. Although they are dieing off quickly.

Back