MOO Carrier History

somarco

GA Medicare Expert
5000 Post Club
Atlanta
When did MOO introduce United World? Did the roll out come with new, lower rates? United of Omaha seems to have debuted in 2010 with the standardized plans, and now we have Omaha Insurance Company.

Have they always had a history of rate instability or is this a new phenomena?

When did MOO introduce United World? Did the roll out come with new, lower rates? United of Omaha seems to have debuted in 2010 with the standardized plans, and now we have Omaha Insurance Company.

Have they always had a history of rate instability or is this a new phenomena?

Depends on the state. In Indiana I seem to remember it as around 2006ish.

I met a lady yesterday that has Omaha Ins plan G that she's had for about 6 months. It's priced pretty well. We talked aboujt their rate increase history and the "shell game" but this lady wants to stick with them and see what kind of rate increase she gets on the first one.

OIC is still in a buying mode with rates and bonuses. Figure it will change next spring. How much the increase will be remains to be seen.

They can be beat here most of the time on F and all of the time on N ...........

They are running neck and neck with Manhattan on G but not enough premium savings most of the time to jump on that horse for $10/mo savings.

Just ran rates on 65 male, 30047. On F they are $158 vs $143 for Manhattan and $159 for Equitable.

If they really wanted F my suggestion would be Eq.

For G they are $125 vs $128 for New Era and $138 for Manhattan. New Era would get the nod here.

For N they are ................. crickets

John, I know what you are saying. When I run into that I talk about N. Don't get the app all the time but enough to make it worth talking about.

OIC is still in a buying mode with rates and bonuses. Figure it will change next spring. How much the increase will be remains to be seen.

They can be beat here most of the time on F and all of the time on N ...........

They are running neck and neck with Manhattan on G but not enough premium savings most of the time to jump on that horse for $10/mo savings.

Just ran rates on 65 male, 30047. On F they are $158 vs $143 for Manhattan and $159 for Equitable.

If they really wanted F my suggestion would be Eq.

For G they are $125 vs $128 for New Era and $138 for Manhattan. New Era would get the nod here.

For N they are ................. crickets

John, I know what you are saying. When I run into that I talk about N. Don't get the app all the time but enough to make it worth talking about.

I did talk to her about about N. She seemed a bit interested but this was really bad, {unintentional}, timing on my part.

Her husband that died suddenly and unexpectedly in May was the one that got her hooked up with MoO, or whatever? She said he did his homework and felt that it was the best.

I DK'ed her yesterday from an FE lead. His 65th birthday would be today.

She also has a group UL from her her former emploer that I could help her with but she wasn't really in the insurance talking mood once we started abolut her med sup and it brought back the memories of why she had MoO.

I beleive there's business there for both the life and the med sup. I just have to let it be a little while.

Back