Most Important Lesson Learned?

Be friendly to people your entire life because you never know when they may become clients of yours. I started selling insurance later after working at several other jobs and many of those coworkers are now clients of mine.

Pay people what they are worth. And quick to fire slow to hire.

Agreed on both.

"You should be compensated (and so should your people) based on the value they bring to your company" ~ Jim Rohn

And...

"What's the best day of the week to fire someone? The first day you think about doing it." ~ Brian Tracy

A salesman can get a lot more sales by listening, than by talking.:yes:

Someone new to sales was trying to get me to sign up as a rep for an ancillary product. Could barely get a word in edgewise. I had specific questions where he could have compared/contrasted their product to another I was more familiar with. Instead, he was on a runaway train to tell me stuff I didn't care about.

Good reminders. Find their concerns, fit product to solve problem.

Underwriting niches,,

Also what I fear a specific objection they will likely develop that objection.

When I was new many had the objection on S.S over the phone banking over the phone, I want to deal with local agent, many times,

Now I never get the SS objection, very rarely get the banking although on occasion I still get the local agent thing, Funny thing is 3 out of the last 5 times I got the local agent excuse was on a TN lead

That's because I was their agent! Haha

A salesman can get a lot more sales by listening, than by talking.:yes:

AMEN!!!!

When I managed salespeople I coached them--Look you already know what you know. What you DONT know is what the PROSPECT knows. And as long as you talk, you'll NEVER know. So shut up already

If you have the right products in the bag--know what they do--and REALLY REALLY care about your clients---you wont go far wrong. They can see your concern and reward it--and refer.

Commission breath smells bad. Brush your teeth LMAO

Back