Moving to Jacksonville FL

Chazm

Guru
5000 Post Club
Orlando
I've lived in the orlando area my whole life. I'm 35 years old, single and no kids and I don't mind having a roommate.
Well the only person I'd probably ever care to have as a roommate is opening up a State Farm office on Feb 1 and asked if I wanted to move out there too. Not to work with him but just move, meet new people and nightlife.

So in about 3 weeks I should be moving out there. But I've noticed that Fl blue's preferred HMO has the lowest out of pocket expenses. It's not their HMO lifetime but a new preferred plan. Is this the same network? I'm only asking because I can't sell Fl blue, you have to be captive with them and I won't do that.
But at the same time I don't want to be screwed if this plan is easily the best one in the area.

I have to make a decision soon as to whether I'm going or not and its stressful. Anyone in Jax have any insight?

Regarding writing FL Blue MAPD, there are quite a few FL BLUE agents on the board here including myself. You should see about a split (obv one that complaint with bcbsfl/cms etc) that way you can write the most competitive product in your area.

I wonder if its a similar play to myblue u65, no non-pref brand rx and no major hospitals in most areas (Tampa no St Joseph/Fl Hosp).

Exactly Limited Network

Did a search for 10 miles for PCP and 20 miles for SPC.

blue medicare hmo

PCP 218
Cardiology 198

fl preferred hmo

pcp 41
cardiologist 54

Last edited:
I've lived in the orlando area my whole life. I'm 35 years old, single and no kids and I don't mind having a roommate.
Well the only person I'd probably ever care to have as a roommate is opening up a State Farm office on Feb 1 and asked if I wanted to move out there too. Not to work with him but just move, meet new people and nightlife.

So in about 3 weeks I should be moving out there. But I've noticed that Fl blue's preferred HMO has the lowest out of pocket expenses. It's not their HMO lifetime but a new preferred plan. Is this the same network? I'm only asking because I can't sell Fl blue, you have to be captive with them and I won't do that.
But at the same time I don't want to be screwed if this plan is easily the best one in the area.

I have to make a decision soon as to whether I'm going or not and its stressful. Anyone in Jax have any insight?

Well it was nice competing with you down here, gonna miss poaching your clients lol;)

I have an agent in Jacksonville, he does good with medsupps outside the city. Bcbs is super competitive up there. I dont know anything about their networks though. What you may want to consider is doing what he did; getting you Georgia license, since your so close to the border. That will open up your options a lot.

Regarding writing FL Blue MAPD, there are quite a few FL BLUE agents on the board here including myself. You should see about a split (obv one that complaint with bcbsfl/cms etc) that way you can write the most competitive product in your area. I wonder if its a similar play to myblue u65, no non-pref brand rx and no major hospitals in most areas (Tampa no St Joseph/Fl Hosp). ************************************** Exactly Limited Network Did a search for 10 miles for PCP and 20 miles for SPC. blue medicare hmo PCP 218 Cardiology 198 fl preferred hmo pcp 41 cardiologist 54

Thanks yeah I did see that they had only the St Vincent hospital too under that network. Where UHC had like 4 or so to choose from.
I do have someone who can write fl blue but it's just not the same where I track what I get paid and stuff

----------

Well it was nice competing with you down here, gonna miss poaching your clients lol;) I have an agent in Jacksonville, he does good with medsupps outside the city. Bcbs is super competitive up there. I dont know anything about their networks though. What you may want to consider is doing what he did; getting you Georgia license, since your so close to the border. That will open up your options a lot.

Lol well it may only be temporary so don't get your hopes up yet! And I still plan on spending half of AEP down here next year. Haven't figured that out yet but I only expect to have 70-80 or so clients in Jax by sept next year. Maybe 500 in Polk and orange so I'll need to be here to keep them.

GA license is a possibility but man that's just more training to do lol

Thanks yeah I did see that they had only the St Vincent hospital too under that network. Where UHC had like 4 or so to choose from.
I do have someone who can write fl blue but it's just not the same where I track what I get paid and stuff

----------

Lol well it may only be temporary so don't get your hopes up yet! And I still plan on spending half of AEP down here next year. Haven't figured that out yet but I only expect to have 70-80 or so clients in Jax by sept next year. Maybe 500 in Polk and orange so I'll need to be here to keep them.

GA license is a possibility but man that's just more training to do lol

GA is non-res is shockingly easy. i just did it myself. Only thing had to do was pay a $120 fee.

I believe the website was nipr.com

One thing I've learned is that there is a BIG, BIG world out there and what you see outside your own window is microscopic.

Two things... even if BCBS has the "best" MOOP right now, you'd still crush it there if you run hard as you always have been. It does not matter if you cannot sell what some would consider the best plan when you bring your value and independence.

That said, you mentioned in another post that you'd have to go back and service your other folks to keep them, and that goes more to my message.

The primary focus, when doing local marketing in Florida, has to be MAPD. Doing so relegated you, often, to an AEP spent on either re-writing your existing book or trying like heck to keep what you've got. You miss a significant part of that limited time where you could be gathering serious numbers of new clients.

Add to this the year-long service work involved when doctors leave, hospitals cancel, formularies change, and folks are mad with their pre-authorizations, referrals, co-pays charged, etc.

Here, looking back on my time in Florida (20 years as an agent), and having switched to a Med Supp focus solely over the phone, calling outside of Florida, let me report on how that's gone.

Over 2,000 personal clients in the last six years with no mileage having been driven. No service work, ever. No AEP scramble to re-write. No network changes, pre-authorization or referral frustrations and no hospitals dropping out.

I do not have to physically be in any town to keep my clients happy. Can write business from anywhere to anywhere, any time of the day in the USA. Have received an overwhelming amount of referrals to help in other states and now have clients in 42 states, all of those expansions from referrals.

The residual income aspect of the Med Supp focus and the lack of hands-on service required vs where is still see my friends struggling, every AEP, to keep watching they've got while their phones blow up, led me to update you with this post.

In 2016, it will even be easier to do what I started years ago. Seniors are online and receptive to phone help like never before. Tools available to agents to project themselves professionally without cost are abundant.

So, whether you move to Jacksonville, Puerto Rico, Charleston or beyond, this business is truly easier with less frustration and more residual when you focus, instead, on the Supplement market, helping those that are supplement buyers.

A friend of mine last week wrote $710,000 in annuities, over $50,000 in commissions, from his Medicare Supplement people just by asking what they're doing with their rollovers. That's an area I'll be getting into in 2016.

Can you imagine that we have arrived at a point where seniors will trust you with $500,000+ of their retirement funds, over the phone? It works, too.

Or, you could drive to appointments and add more folks to the intense service work and re-write inherent in the "Advantage" focus. You are building one group or the other. One is easier to enroll and manage than the other, by far.

It is a BIG country out there and there is an easier way to build wealth, from anywhere to anywhere.

I wish you the best on your move and continued success in your business. I know you will be successful because of your work ethic and commitment to excellence!

Chris

One thing I've learned is that there is a BIG, BIG world out there and what you see outside your own window is microscopic.

Two things... even if BCBS has the "best" MOOP right now, you'd still crush it there if you run hard as you always have been. It does not matter if you cannot sell what some would consider the best plan when you bring your value and independence.

That said, you mentioned in another post that you'd have to go back and service your other folks to keep them, and that goes more to my message.

The primary focus, when doing local marketing in Florida, has to be MAPD. Doing so relegated you, often, to an AEP spent on either re-writing your existing book or trying like heck to keep what you've got. You miss a significant part of that limited time where you could be gathering serious numbers of new clients.

Add to this the year-long service work involved when doctors leave, hospitals cancel, formularies change, and folks are mad with their pre-authorizations, referrals, co-pays charged, etc.

Here, looking back on my time in Florida (20 years as an agent), and having switched to a Med Supp focus solely over the phone, calling outside of Florida, let me report on how that's gone.

Over 2,000 personal clients in the last six years with no mileage having been driven. No service work, ever. No AEP scramble to re-write. No network changes, pre-authorization or referral frustrations and no hospitals dropping out.

I do not have to physically be in any town to keep my clients happy. Can write business from anywhere to anywhere, any time of the day in the USA. Have received an overwhelming amount of referrals to help in other states and now have clients in 42 states, all of those expansions from referrals.

The residual income aspect of the Med Supp focus and the lack of hands-on service required vs where is still see my friends struggling, every AEP, to keep watching they've got while their phones blow up, led me to update you with this post.

In 2016, it will even be easier to do what I started years ago. Seniors are online and receptive to phone help like never before. Tools available to agents to project themselves professionally without cost are abundant.

So, whether you move to Jacksonville, Puerto Rico, Charleston or beyond, this business is truly easier with less frustration and more residual when you focus, instead, on the Supplement market, helping those that are supplement buyers.

A friend of mine last week wrote $710,000 in annuities, over $50,000 in commissions, from his Medicare Supplement people just by asking what they're doing with their rollovers. That's an area I'll be getting into in 2016.

Can you imagine that we have arrived at a point where seniors will trust you with $500,000+ of their retirement funds, over the phone? It works, too.

Or, you could drive to appointments and add more folks to the intense service work and re-write inherent in the "Advantage" focus. You are building one group or the other. One is easier to enroll and manage than the other, by far.

It is a BIG country out there and there is an easier way to build wealth, from anywhere to anywhere.

I wish you the best on your move and continued success in your business. I know you will be successful because of your work ethic and commitment to excellence!

Chris
We get it. You prefer phone sales. Blah blah blah. That's not for everyone.

One thing I've learned is that there is a BIG, BIG world out there and what you see outside your own window is microscopic. Two things... even if BCBS has the "best" MOOP right now, you'd still crush it there if you run hard as you always have been. It does not matter if you cannot sell what some would consider the best plan when you bring your value and independence. That said, you mentioned in another post that you'd have to go back and service your other folks to keep them, and that goes more to my message. The primary focus, when doing local marketing in Florida, has to be MAPD. Doing so relegated you, often, to an AEP spent on either re-writing your existing book or trying like heck to keep what you've got. You miss a significant part of that limited time where you could be gathering serious numbers of new clients. Add to this the year-long service work involved when doctors leave, hospitals cancel, formularies change, and folks are mad with their pre-authorizations, referrals, co-pays charged, etc. Here, looking back on my time in Florida (20 years as an agent), and having switched to a Med Supp focus solely over the phone, calling outside of Florida, let me report on how that's gone. Over 2,000 personal clients in the last six years with no mileage having been driven. No service work, ever. No AEP scramble to re-write. No network changes, pre-authorization or referral frustrations and no hospitals dropping out. I do not have to physically be in any town to keep my clients happy. Can write business from anywhere to anywhere, any time of the day in the USA. Have received an overwhelming amount of referrals to help in other states and now have clients in 42 states, all of those expansions from referrals. The residual income aspect of the Med Supp focus and the lack of hands-on service required vs where is still see my friends struggling, every AEP, to keep watching they've got while their phones blow up, led me to update you with this post. In 2016, it will even be easier to do what I started years ago. Seniors are online and receptive to phone help like never before. Tools available to agents to project themselves professionally without cost are abundant. So, whether you move to Jacksonville, Puerto Rico, Charleston or beyond, this business is truly easier with less frustration and more residual when you focus, instead, on the Supplement market, helping those that are supplement buyers. A friend of mine last week wrote $710,000 in annuities, over $50,000 in commissions, from his Medicare Supplement people just by asking what they're doing with their rollovers. That's an area I'll be getting into in 2016. Can you imagine that we have arrived at a point where seniors will trust you with $500,000+ of their retirement funds, over the phone? It works, too. Or, you could drive to appointments and add more folks to the intense service work and re-write inherent in the "Advantage" focus. You are building one group or the other. One is easier to enroll and manage than the other, by far. It is a BIG country out there and there is an easier way to build wealth, from anywhere to anywhere. I wish you the best on your move and continued success in your business. I know you will be successful because of your work ethic and commitment to excellence! Chris

This post is no bull hockey. Chris is the real deal and it's amazing that he blazed a trail where no one gave him an obvious path and he shares it with anyone trying to get a handle on phone sales. Very proud to have Chris as a friend in the biz.

This post is no bull hockey. Chris is the real deal and it's amazing that he blazed a trail where no one gave him an obvious path and he shares it with anyone trying to get a handle on phone sales. Very proud to have Chris as a friend in the biz.

Agreed. Whether you agree or not, Chris has found a way to do a great job and 2000 clients in 6 years is no joke with med supps

Back