Moving My Aetna Business

AgentOrange

Super Genius
1000 Post Club
I just got Aetna's new commissions and they're par for the course, 450-225. But they are not retro-ing renewals so Im left with no choice but to move as many of these cases to AARP or Americhoice to get them on the new renewal scale. I just wish these company's understood how an Agent works ...ughh and I thought I wouldn't write a fresh piece of business this year. Is anyone else angling this way by keeping old business that adjusts to te new scale retroactively in that carrier and placing existing business that doesnt retroactive into new carriers to get to the new scale ? :goofy: ... complicated

I just got Aetna's new commissions and they're par for the course, 450-225. But they are not retro-ing renewals so Im left with no choice but to move as many of these cases to AARP or Americhoice to get them on the new renewal scale. I just wish these company's understood how an Agent works ...ughh and I thought I wouldn't write a fresh piece of business this year. Is anyone else angling this way by keeping old business that adjusts to te new scale retroactively in that carrier and placing existing business that doesnt retroactive into new carriers to get to the new scale ? :goofy: ... complicated

I would think CMS would consider this "churning", if not, "flipping".

Nah, Im not doing anyone a disservice if they fit into AARP or Americhoice Im gonna move them. AARP has lower co-pays, dental, and a more extensive formulary. Americhoice is much more rich in benefits, life alert, OTC benefit, etc. I placed most people in Aetna for the bonuses they ofered anyway. And besides there's no rules against churning, CMS is trying to lessen it.

I placed most people in Aetna for the bonuses they ofered anyway. And besides there's no rules against churning, CMS is trying to lessen it.

Wow, that speaks volumes about who AgentOrange is looking out for. You placed the business because of the bonuses and not because it was what was best for the client. That's the very reason we are in the mess we are in.

And don't even get me started on the "no rules against churning" comment. Do us all a favor and get out of the business or start putting your clients first.

you must be joking or write very little business. I got over 400 active cases in the last 2 years Ive had 1 single solitary complaint. And trust me I wouldnt ever do a weasel a favor.

you must be joking or write very little business. I got over 400 active cases in the last 2 years Ive had 1 single solitary complaint. And trust me I wouldnt ever do a weasel a favor.

I love it. Is that really your defense? That I must not do much business? Someone calls you out and you think by challenging the volume of business they do that makes your doing the wrong thing right?

Regardless of how much business I do (and trust me, I do plenty) the very fact that you placed the business with Aetna just for the bonuses speaks volumes. Personally, I find the right plan for the individual no matter the carrier or commission. I've found that if I do the right thing, I am always taken care of.

Back