MSA Plans

What are your thoughts and experience with MSA plans?

Is someone offering one in Wisconsin? I haven't researched one in a while and can't find the link, but I've only seen one offered in a few NY counties.

An MSA (Medicare Savings Account plan) is one of the few products that can be sold along side a stand-alone PDP. If a carrier can offer the MSA at a low or zero premium, then why wouldn't someone who only wants a PDP pick one up? It's money in the bank that can rollover from year to year. For the carriers I don't believe they have to maintain a provider network; pretty much any Medicare provider should accept the MSA (or possibly it's like a PFFS where the provider makes his own decision about accepting the plan terms). Either way, I think there's a population out there that would bite if this option were available to them.

I wrote a few of them years ago. Great concept but clients don't understand them and most agents aren't smart enough to grasp the concept.

Didn't know anyone offered them now.

Rick

I've wondered about these too. You see considerable mention of their existence in the AHIP recertification training, and elsewhere, every year, but have never seen any offered anywhere around Tennessee or surrounding states.

If there are any, I'm not aware of them. They always sounded good, so if I make it to Medicare age, might be interested if available.

There are two alive in WI. I like the concept and it is $0 premium. Down side is that it is all paper app. It boils down to about a $2300 deductible 100% plan, that is better than most T65 have at work. Now selling it could be another thing all together.

Latest posts

Back