Mutual of omaha 0% plan g two years!!!

I wonder if those people on Plan N are subsidizing Plan F and G.

Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me 4 times and it's Mutual of Omaha.

I have a long memory and don't use dishonest companies.

Rick

The new law is estimated to cost $210 billion over 10 years but Congress approved to offset or pay for only $70 billion; beneficiaries will pay approximately half this cost, or $35 billion. One way beneficiaries will pay this cost is through increased Part B premiums. Over the next 8 years, the standard Part B premium is projected to increase from $104.90 to $156.20, a difference of over $50. This is a sharp increase compared to the previous 8 years where the Part B premium only increased by $11.40.
Doc Fix and H.R. 2 ~ It Could Have Been Worse

with such a sharp increase in Pt B premium, and a decrease in medigap coverage, one could almost make the case for a good future for MAPD...

with such a sharp increase in Pt B premium, and a decrease in medigap coverage, one could almost make the case for a good future for MAPD...

Not really on these increases, as far as plans that help cover the part B premium 1 there are less plans that do that, 2 a few companies that did that went under in recent years, 3 some companies are not paying comish on those plans.
So I believe the higher B premium is a moot point.

As far as part B deductible its not that much and it is over time, Moreover I would think that would translate to MA as higher Prem or higher out of pocket or less extra's

Not really on these increases, as far as plans that help cover the part B premium 1 there are less plans that do that, 2 a few companies that did that went under in recent years, 3 some companies are not paying comish on those plans.
So I believe the higher B premium is a moot point.

As far as part B deductible its not that much and it is over time, Moreover I would think that would translate to MA as higher Prem or higher out of pocket or less extra's

I guess it depends on the market. In FL, MAPD is still really strong. virtually every plan doesn't have a premium, and most have very low copays and a bunch of extra bennies

I guess it depends on the market. In FL, MAPD is still really strong. virtually every plan doesn't have a premium, and most have very low copays and a bunch of extra bennies

I am not saying MA is not strong or dying, I am just saying these changes wont make it stronger and I agree it wont make it weaker either.

The companies that went under were Strong in FL, Universal was 1 the other was more recent just can remember the name off hand.Also wellcare at one point stopped paying on there Part B buy back plan in some area's, They might have reinstated I am not sure, I stopped selling them for many reasons

I am not saying MA is not strong or dying, I am just saying these changes wont make it stronger and I agree it wont make it weaker either.

The companies that went under were Strong in FL, Universal was 1 the other was more recent just can remember the name off hand.Also wellcare at one point stopped paying on there Part B buy back plan in some area's, They might have reinstated I am not sure, I stopped selling them for many reasons

wellcare still aint paying for pt b givebacks in most areas. but im not even talking about those plans.
just in general how these plans dont have monthyl premiums, and I cant forsee them having any premium, any time soon.
Medsupps in FL are already very high, and an extra $50 month premium in Pt B isnt going to make supps looks any more compelling to people.

This doc fix isnt going to make MAPD stronger, but it will make it look more appealing to many people.

wellcare still aint paying for pt b givebacks in most areas. but im not even talking about those plans.
just in general how these plans dont have monthyl premiums, and I cant forsee them having any premium, any time soon.
Medsupps in FL are already very high, and an extra $50 month premium in Pt B isnt going to make supps looks any more compelling to people.

This doc fix isnt going to make MAPD stronger, but it will make it look more appealing to many people.

Honestly Don't think the $11 increase in part B deductible is going to effect anything.

I do think the part B prem increase will effect some people's choice, However I do believe there is also going to be a higher cost to MA plans and that will translate into some negative for MA plans.

Now I do recognize that FL MA plans are stronger then many states.However Fl has not been immune to the changes as well, Besides the before mentioned I have seen decrease in benies & Extra's, Dropped Docs, out of network deducts on PPO's

I had to move a lot of FL MA clients in last few years between AARP and Humana Changes, Besides the 2 companies that went under Fl is by no means Immune.

MA will always be strong there and So will supps, If x many more people go to MA due to changes I believe there will be changes to the MA and there will be X many to go the other way to even it out.

I believe the higher B premium is a moot point.

From whose perspective?

Certainly not from the folks on SS and Medicare.

Social Security benefits represent about 38% of the income of the elderly.

Among elderly Social Security beneficiaries, 52% of married couples and 74% of unmarried persons receive 50% or more of their income from Social Security.

Among elderly Social Security beneficiaries, 22% of married couples and about 47% of unmarried persons rely on Social Security for 90% or more of their income.
Social Security Administration: Social Security Basic Facts

Of course I am sure the retirees in FL are unique and don't have these challenges.

Back