Mutual of Omaha - Extended FMO restriction - legal?

You are correct. Charles Judah is the man at MSIS. :err::err::err:

I cannot recommend them.

I talked with them when I transitioned into Medicare Supplements about 10 years ago. There was no way I was going to assign my commissions and ownership of my client over to someone else. Just goes to show how hard up some people are to get leads. And how there are people who will take advantage of those who want leads.

That original post was over 7 years ago and it appears to be his only post. Not sure he'll get back to see your advice. For what it's worth, I believe MSIS is these folks:

http://www.msis.us/default.html

From what I understand, if you use their lead program you have to assign commissions and also take a reduced commission. That's all I need to know I want nothing to do with them.

Actually I worked with them years ago. The leads were less than stellar but they did pay commissions as agreed.

And they released me when I made the request. And continued to pay the commissions even after the release.

Rick

That original post was over 7 years ago and it appears to be his only post. Not sure he'll get back to see your advice. For what it's worth, I believe MSIS is these folks:

http://www.msis.us/default.html

From what I understand, if you use their lead program you have to assign commissions and also take a reduced commission. That's all I need to know I want nothing to do with them.

My bad - didn't notice the date of the original post . . . .I had a brief relationship with them (MSIS) a very long time ago, and didn't know that they had an upline (which is now Amerilife). That was never disclosed, so when I parted ways with MSIS, they were happy to release - but, Amerilife would not. I was relatively new to the business and at the time, had to be able to write MOO to be competitive, so going dormant wasn't an option. Needless to say, Amerilife is still involved with my book. All I will say on that is that it's gotten much better than it was. I now actually have a decent rep there who actually stays in touch with me, so it's ok now.

My bad - didn't notice the date of the original post . . . .I had a brief relationship with them (MSIS) a very long time ago, and didn't know that they had an upline (which is now Amerilife). That was never disclosed, so when I parted ways with MSIS, they were happy to release - but, Amerilife would not. I was relatively new to the business and at the time, had to be able to write MOO to be competitive, so going dormant wasn't an option. Needless to say, Amerilife is still involved with my book. All I will say on that is that it's gotten much better than it was. I now actually have a decent rep there who actually stays in touch with me, so it's ok now.

Speaking of AmeriLife Releases, or lack thereof:
http://www.insurance-forums.net/for...keting-group-releases-t81117.html#post1085588

Last edited by a moderator:
Good stuff Chris. I have a contract with these folks as well. They are the only marketer for this particular carrier. I decided to write a piece of business with the carrier as a test case since I've heard and read about all of the problems with Amerilife. After having problems getting paid, I decided I would not place anymore business with them. I expressed to the marketer the bad name they have in the industry and he should come to this forum and see what people have to say about them. This was his response:

...as for the Insurance forums you mention in your email below I have been with this company over 12 years even before Insurance Forums was created as a website and I can tell you right now 3/4 of those agents that add to the Amerilife blog is written from past CAREER amerilife agents and has nothing to do with the Brokerage side of things they sign CAPTIVE contracts.. Whose fault is that? If half of them read their contracts than maybe they would change their minds before just signing into a binding agreement and not taking the time to read it. My contracts are 100% vested from day 1 and are completely Independent totally different scenario than half of those agents that just sit on their computer all day and complain.

So the majority of the complaints about Amerilife on this forum are from prior career agents. And half of the agents just sit on the computer and complain all day. At least according to this particular marketer.

Where there's smoke there's fire people.

From now on everyone that gets recruiter calls from them should say "yes! This sounds very good. Email the contracting to me and also to my business advisor. He'll look it over and unless he sees something wrong with it I'm going to sell the fire out of this."

His name is Chris Westfall and he keeps me from signing up with bad deals.

Back