National Medicare Supplement Conference

50% came from independent agents and 50% home office sales.

Doesn't surprise me other than I thought those applying direct would be higher. Closer to 70%. Of course many rural agents, especially P&C offer BX by default because it is easy for them to sell. Doesn't require thinking . . .

Are there ever any producers at these conferences?

Seems like a get together for marketers. But since I've never attended one I don't know.

Are there ever any producers at these conferences?

Seems like a get together for marketers. But since I've never attended one I don't know.

I think they said 600-700 last year, they didn't mention a number this year but it seemed about the same amount of agents.

Very few, I am sure. Just like most conventions.

That's my thought I wouldn't mind going to an event with producers and networking with them and sharing best practices stuff.

But no thanks to hanging out with a bunch of FOS marketers and book writers.

I'm guessing desk jockeys will not pay a $700 conference fee plus travel and hotel to attend.

Never a desk jockey, but when I was a carrier rep they paid for me to attend these conferences.

That's the only ones that will pay for it. Or the company they work for pays it.

Are you a producing agent?

It's not worth if for producing agents. I commented on that in another thread where the event organizer came on complaining people were being negative and said it wasn't for producers. Yet much of the marketing I saw certainly was targeting producers.

A Med Supp producing agent with limited to average funds can spend their money far wiser, IMO. As far as I'm concerned the space is wide open to hold a very successful Producer Medicare Supplement Conference focusing on the details you're mentioning.

If I had more time I'd consider putting one together.

Back