Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans

bsk757ins

I am not new to the health insurance business, but am trying to build a business in medicare supplements and MA plans beginning this season. I need advice on whether to affiliate directly with carriers (if I can get a contract) or to use an FMO (or a large GA). The key for me is to own my own book that I can sell in the future. I do not want to be an agent for any organization (including a carrier) in which I don't own my book. Any suggestions?

I am not new to the health insurance business, but am trying to build a business in medicare supplements and MA plans beginning this season. I need advice on whether to affiliate directly with carriers (if I can get a contract) or to use an FMO (or a large GA). The key for me is to own my own book that I can sell in the future. I do not want to be an agent for any organization (including a carrier) in which I don't own my book. Any suggestions?

All of the good FMOs provide contracts where you are paid directly-Ritter IM is excellent, so are a few others.

You may want to consider Senior Market Sales at (402) 343-3613. Ask for Tom Parkin. I have worked with him for years and he provides excellent agent support.

Don't hold your breath that you can sell a book.

Anyone can offer contracts. I recommend Todd King for a variety of reasons including training. Medicare isn't difficult but it's easy to screw your client by only offering high priced plans.

Rick

Don't hold your breath that you can sell a book.

Anyone can offer contracts. I recommend Todd King for a variety of reasons including training. Medicare isn't difficult but it's easy to screw your client by only offering high priced plans.

Rick

What kind of training does TK offer?

Back