Over 150.000 insurance professionals and consumers come to the Insurance Forum every month. Click here to register for FREE

Go Back   Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum

Reply to Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans     
Old 09-06-2017, 12:01 PM   #1

State: bsk757ins is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans
I am not new to the health insurance business, but am trying to build a business in medicare supplements and MA plans beginning this season. I need advice on whether to affiliate directly with carriers (if I can get a contract) or to use an FMO (or a large GA). The key for me is to own my own book that I can sell in the future. I do not want to be an agent for any organization (including a carrier) in which I don't own my book. Any suggestions?
------------------------------------
  Reply With Quote to Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans
Old 09-06-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
Guru

State: FLM2 is an Insurance Agent from Undisclosed Location
FLM2 is a member of 1000 posts VIP club
Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans Re: Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans
Originally Posted by bsk757ins View Post
I am not new to the health insurance business, but am trying to build a business in medicare supplements and MA plans beginning this season. I need advice on whether to affiliate directly with carriers (if I can get a contract) or to use an FMO (or a large GA). The key for me is to own my own book that I can sell in the future. I do not want to be an agent for any organization (including a carrier) in which I don't own my book. Any suggestions?
All of the good FMOs provide contracts where you are paid directly-Ritter IM is excellent, so are a few others.
  Reply With Quote to Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans
Old 09-06-2017, 12:38 PM   #3
Guru

State: steveadlman is an Insurance Agent from Alabama
Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans Re: Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans
You may want to consider Senior Market Sales at (402) 343-3613. Ask for Tom Parkin. I have worked with him for years and he provides excellent agent support.
Old 09-06-2017, 12:55 PM   #4
Guru
Todd King on Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans

State: Todd King is an Insurance Agent from Virginia
Todd King is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
I'll put our name out there as an FMO for Med Supps and Med Advantage as well.
Old 09-06-2017, 03:49 PM   #5
Guru
GreenSky on Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by bsk757ins View Post
Don't hold your breath that you can sell a book.

Anyone can offer contracts. I recommend Todd King for a variety of reasons including training. Medicare isn't difficult but it's easy to screw your client by only offering high priced plans.

Rick

Now offering Washington National contracts. Great cancer plans!
YIO is now available at http://yourinsuranceoffice.net/.

insure(at)greenskyins(dot)com
Old 09-06-2017, 07:10 PM   #6
Guru
bpenn9 on Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans

State: bpenn9 is an Insurance Agent from Utah
Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post
Don't hold your breath that you can sell a book.

Anyone can offer contracts. I recommend Todd King for a variety of reasons including training. Medicare isn't difficult but it's easy to screw your client by only offering high priced plans.

Rick
What kind of training does TK offer?
Old 09-06-2017, 07:21 PM   #7
Guru
GreenSky on Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans

State: GreenSky is an Insurance Agent from Nevada
GreenSky is a member of 5000 posts Super VIP club
Originally Posted by bpenn9 View Post
What kind of training does TK offer?
They have access to all the www.MedicareTraining101.com webinars.

Rick
Old 09-06-2017, 07:51 PM   #8
Guru
bpenn9 on Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans

Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans
Originally Posted by GreenSky View Post

They have access to all the www.MedicareTraining101.com webinars.

Rick
I thought there was some alliance. Last I checked MedicareTraining101 didnt offer that much value. Being I have a contract or two with TK how do I gain access?
Old 09-06-2017, 08:09 PM   #9
Guru

State: GoPokes is an Insurance Agent from Oklahoma
Originally Posted by bpenn9 View Post
I thought there was some alliance. Last I checked MedicareTraining101 didnt offer that much value. Being I have a contract or two with TK how do I gain access?
You have to contact Todd King.
Old 09-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #10
Guru

Originally Posted by GoPokes View Post
You have to contact Todd King.
You think he would contact you if he thought there was much value in it.
Reply to Need Advice on Affiliation when Offering Medicare Supplements and MA Plans 

Insurance Agent Forum > Insurance Forums > Insurance Agents and Brokers Forum > Senior Insurance Forum