Need Maui Med Supp Agent!

TDS551

Expert
I am a St Louis agent, but my mom has been in icu in Maui for the last 3 weeks. She lives there. We need to get her back on Original Medicare with a supp. She will be dropping group advantage plan for UNH F. or N. PM me if you are in Maui, I will there Monday. Mahalo

Last edited:
I'm no Maui agent but you want the med supp now that she is in icu?

I hope Maui has crazy med supp rules that will accept her. And if you can somehow get her on one, there isn't a plan I anymore and don't mess with the N at this point. Just do the F

I'm no Maui agent but you want the med supp now that she is in icu? I hope Maui has crazy med supp rules that will accept her. And if you can somehow get her on one, there isn't a plan I anymore and don't mess with the N at this point. Just do the F
She has group MAPD coverage through the California teachers plan and should be GI on an F if she drops it here in Maui, or she should be GI if we bring her back to the mainland when she is forced to drop this Maui mapd. Ive done this a few times back in Missouri, but if Im missing something someone please correct me because we might HAVE to fly her back as there is no here to look after her. Her aorta ruptured and she had a stroke 2 days after they repaired it. Not good.

Last edited:
Update. I just got back from Maui after 18 days.

Mom is still alive, making small progress in snf but now Kaiser is kicking her out of SNF after 3 weeks.

My sister is poa and wouldnt let me switch her back to original medicare and usenthe LEC SEP to pick up a supplement!

Mom cant fly for three months, so we are screwed. I landed today in st louis and it looks like Im headed back next week for a month!

Interesting to see how Kaiser has the whole island wired, even nurse and social workers at the snf. And get this, even the snf director sells mapd plans!

She wants me to believe that Kaiser is better than straight Medicare!

Really interesting when its up close and personal.

Update. I just got back from Maui after 18 days.

Mom is still alive, making small progress in snf but now Kaiser is kicking her out of SNF after 3 weeks.

My sister is poa and wouldnt let me switch her back to original medicare and usenthe LEC SEP to pick up a supplement!

Mom cant fly for three months, so we are screwed. I landed today in st louis and it looks like Im headed back next week for a month!

Interesting to see how Kaiser has the whole island wired, even nurse and social workers at the snf. And get this, even the snf director sells mapd plans!

She wants me to believe that Kaiser is better than straight Medicare!

Really interesting when its up close and personal.
Either your sister is an *** or you haven't properly explained the plan F supplement GI to her. Try reviewing Medicare.gov Medigap supplements chart with her so she will see what plan F covers for herself then contrast and compare by pulling up the MAPD plan your mother is currently covered by in the other tab on Medicare.gov which discusses MAPD. Once she sees this for herself she may have that A-ha moment and agree with your strategy then the two of you can collaborate on how to put it into action by exercising a GI right.
That being said, you should know if you don't already that having an MAPD in Hawaii is not the same as having an MAPD in Missouri. Similar to Florida, the MAPDs available in Hawaii are a lot more generous in coverage than those found elsewhere in the US.
Anyway, whatever happens I wish you all the best.

Back