Need Recommendations for Canadian Pharmacy

I understand completely. When that happens to me, I go into a little speech about Medicare and diabetes and how everything is going to change for them. Most are shocked, but the education is vital.

I say that they have a choice. They can drive a Rolls Royce or a Volkswagen. The Bug isn't comfortable, it's got a stick shift, the seats are lumpy, and the heater isn't great. The Rolls is cushy comfortable and automatic transmission. They both get you where you want to go...... But the payments are wildly different. Oh by the way, there is no Chevrolet in between. Sorry.

Al

I thought when I transitioned from U65 health insurance to Medicare I would get away from folks shouting at me.

Now it is not the rate increases (and that was BEFORE Obamascrew) but the Rx copay's. A couple of years ago I ran a report for a guy. No insulin but took a couple of expensive brand name med's.

When I sent him the report and we discussed the possibility of asking his doc to switch him to generics he called me a liar. Said I was trying to sell him an overpriced drug plan. He had been buying those med's for years under his group plan and they were never more than $20.

I am trying to help, not screw you. Feel free to talk to other agents, or Medicare. If you can find a better deal, take it.

Never heard from him again.

I sent out 2 emails this AM to new clients with a link to Marine pharm. Anxious to hear back from them.

Hope to get a newsletter out this week about PDP in general but will definitely spread the word about Mike's.

The sad thing about insulin is, you gotta have it to live. You can skip a day on BP or cholesterol medication and probably won't die. But you can't skip on your insulin. Damn shame it is so pricey.

Thanks for sharing this information. Sometimes we do things that don't put a dime in our pocket but makes us look like a hero.

I tell the young guys around here that all the time. I doubt many of them listen. They are too busy trying to figure out how to write as many apps as possible regardless of whether it is something their client needs or not.

Buddy, I feel your pain. I've been through the same thing(haven't been yelled at...yet). My 92 yr old Dad uses brimonidine eyedrops for his glaucoma. This year Tier 2 copay $7. Next year Tier 3 copay $47. Goodrx(no insurance) $19 and canadapharmacyonline.com $18.50

How do you explain that so it makes sense without going into the whole 'Obamacare is to blame' rage??

Generic insulin at Walmart(Relion - made by the Novolin folks) is $25.00 for a vial(10ml) cash and carry. Novolin on Part D plans is approx $148 retail, $47 copay per vial and watch out for Mr Doughnut Hole.

As time goes on, it seems fewer folks appreciate how much we do to help them. Yes we get paid but not what it is worth for a drug plan.

Sigh
Al

I went to pick up an Rx at CVS a few months ago. $92 with my Humana PDP. A creme I fill about every 18 months. Never paid more than $20 in the past. Told them no and walked out.

Today GoodRx had it for $52 @ CVS but $27 @ Target/CVS (about 2 miles away). Go figure.

So I went to Target/CVS.

Today's pricing ranges from $27 to $191.

Go figure

I am needing to use the thread information. Have gone to current home pages on items mentioned in various posts.

Thread recap:

https://www.blueskydrugs.com/

https://www.canadapharmacyonline.com/

Canadian Pharmacy: Canada Drugs Online Pharmacies - Canadian Pharmacy Meds
Payment options Check, E-check, international money order

https://www.northwestpharmacy.com/

Mark's Marine Pharmacy (Recommended for Insulin shipment)
https://rxcanada4less.com/index.html

Multiple pharmacy checker:
https://www.pharmacychecker.com/

Last edited:
Additional notes-things I was not aware of when considering a Canadian pharmacy:

Some Canadian pharmacies require the paper/hardcopy prescription to be mailed in.
Some of those also require a copy of your drivers license.

A number of the pharmacies also require answers to health questions which your personal doctor already has on file and has considered in giving you the prescriptions.

Depending on your state you may want to see if your state has a SPAP program ... if yours does that may be a good option...

I always give my clients this list below if they have problems while in Donut Hole. You can find this list on Medicare.gov

6 ways to lower your coverage gap costs
1. Consider switching to generics or other lower-cost drugs.

There may be generic or less-expensive brand-name drugs that would work just as well as the ones you're taking now. Talk to your doctor to find out if these are an option for you. You might also be able to save money by using mail-order pharmacies. Find health & drug plans.

2. Choose a plan that offers additional coverage during the gap.

There are plans that offer additional coverage during the coverage gap (Medicare prescription drug coverage), like for generic drugs. However, plans with additional gap coverage may charge a higher monthly premium. Check with the drug plan first to see if your drugs would be covered during the gap. Find health & drug plans.

3. Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs.

Some pharmaceutical companies offer help for people enrolled in Optional benefits for prescription drugs available to all people with Medicare for an additional charge. This coverage is offered by insurance companies and other private companies approved by Medicare. Medicare prescription drug coverage (Part D). Find out whether there’s a Pharmaceutical Assistance Program for the drugs you take.

4. State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs.

Many states and the U.S. Virgin Islands offer help paying drug plan premiums and/or other drug costs. Find out if your state has a State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program.

5. Apply for Extra Help.

Medicare and Social Security have a program that helps people with limited income and resources pay for prescription drugs. If you qualify for Extra Help, you could pay no more than:

• $3.35 for each generic covered drug
  • $8.35 for each brand-name covered drug
6. Explore national and community-based charitable programs that can help with your drug costs like these:

Last edited:
Any recent information on using Canadian pharmacies?

A client is taking Breo/Spiriva/Flovent and is in the donut hole. She doesn't qualify for our state SPAP, so I'm looking at these pharmacies.

Back