Need The Straight Poop On Cutler and Associates

Bob_The_Insurance_Guy

Guru
1000 Post Club
Decatur, Ga.
I received a letter today from UHC that my new FMO is Cutler and Associates, out of South Carolina.

Before I get re-certified under them (I don't want another Parker and Associates situation), can someone tell me what type of organization they are to work with.

I will not be buying leads, just writing MA and Med Supp Plans.

You are talking about Shep Cutler. I've heard a lot of good things about him. But he is really old.

Shep is a good guy, in my opinion. He hands out contracts like handing out candy, but he has so much production that some charge backs won't affect him one way or another. He's definitely one of the "good ole boys" network guys. If you are looking for an FMO that will leave you alone to do your sales, and give you a high level contract without much support - then you found the right place.

I work with Shep and know him personallly. Really good guy and you won't have any issues with his office.

On the other hand, they are not exactly known for their support.

Rick

Shep is a good guy, in my opinion. He hands out contracts like handing out candy, but he has so much production that some charge backs won't affect him one way or another. He's definitely one of the "good ole boys" network guys. If you are looking for an FMO that will leave you alone to do your sales, and give you a high level contract without much support - then you found the right place.

What kind of contract comm.% for FE?

The way you praised him a few posts above made me think you were involved with his group.

No, sorry I do not. We are acquainted, but I have now or have I ever been under his umbrella. I don't mind saying a few good things about people that I believe in. Shep, like everyone else, has their faults; but I think he is a good guy and an honest one - a rarity in many cases these days. I do not have personal experience working with him, so I cannot testify to a first hand account; only what I have heard from certain social circles. Perhaps Rick, or someone else who has a more active role, can give you a better idea of what he offers.

I do know that Shep has a habit of giving out contracts at very high levels, and that has caused some stir in our social circle. However, his production report speaks for itself and he has well earned his tenure in the insurance world.

Looking at the time stamp for these posts, you guys are really burning the midnight oil!

That said, Shep Cutler has several agencies under him who do this mktg. Aspect Mgmnt was one of them, out of SC. They do not release readily.

Back