Need Top 10 Medicare Supplements In Texas

JNJ

Expert
I am looking for the top 10 carriers for the med supp business in Texas. Trying to sell Med supps and cannot find the best carriers with the best rates...any info would be appreciated!

Thank you!

I am looking for the top 10 carriers for the med supp business in Texas. Trying to sell Med supps and cannot find the best carriers with the best rates...any info would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Contact the Texas DOI and ask for a list of all companies offering Med Supps. In MO I can get a list of the companies and their rates.

Why ten? At best license with the top three or four. The "top" companies are going to be the ones that are the most competitive, not the most recognized names.

When they fall off of the top three list then look for the companies that have bumped them out of being the most competitive.

Right now I only have three but write most of my business with only two.

United of omaha
Assured Life
Family Life
Lincoln Heritage
Marquette national
New era
Sterling
RNA
Loyal American
AARP

United of Omaha seems to be strong everywhere. But they underwrite when not in open enrollment , so that could be a problem.

Are there any policies which are not underwritten?

United of omaha
Assured Life
Family Life
Lincoln Heritage
Marquette national
New era
Sterling
RNA
Loyal American
AARP

I just looked at the companies in TX. You better look again or are you only recommending the companies you are associated with?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
United of Omaha seems to be strong everywhere. But they underwrite when not in open enrollment , so that could be a problem.

Are there any policies which are not underwritten?

I believe you need to do more research about Medicare and Medicare Supplement policies.

All companies that I have ever looked at underwrite after the Open Enrollment period, even AARP. Even they will not take someone with kidney disease.

If there are any who do not underwrite it is going to be state specific. In talking to other agents I don't believe there are any in TX.

Last edited:
In Michigan, our Blue Cross Blue Shield doesn't underwrite Medicare supplements, everyone is accepted. They don't allow agents to write the product though. You might want to check with Blue Cross of TX

Latest posts

Back