Needs Analysis from Med Supps to Final Expense

I started to redo this one with some better questions, but it seems to be: do you have this type of insurance? Can you cope with X consequence?
I too haven't been good at doing fact finders that cover multiple areas, and be able to address them in one appointment.

Just trying to figure out the pivot phraseology that is more smoother than Indiana's script above (I heard he's qualifying for a trip this year...its a stewardess position for plane that carries the top earners, but he still get's to go!).

C'mon now? How much smoother or easier can it be? I guess you could take that sentence and make into about 3 paragraphs if it would make you feel better. :twitchy:

Since you seem to be struggling with this, how about something like this?

OK, it looks like you are all set for now. Before we meet again, I would like to get a better idea of areas where you feel like need attention.

Are you paying too much for your life insurance?

Do you have at least $50,000 set aside to cover nursing home and home health care bills?

Have you had friends or family that had cancer? Were they able to cover all their bills?

(Since you are peddling MA plans) does your credit card have at least 7,000 free to cover any unpaid hospital bills?

All of the above are open ended and designed to trigger a response that can open the door for other sales ........... or close the door on this doofus.

Since you seem to be struggling with this, how about something like this?

OK, it looks like you are all set for now. Before we meet again, I would like to get a better idea of areas where you feel like need attention.

Are you paying too much for your life insurance?

Do you have at least $50,000 set aside to cover nursing home and home health care bills?

Have you had friends or family that had cancer? Were they able to cover all their bills?

(Since you are peddling MA plans) does your credit card have at least 7,000 free to cover any unpaid hospital bills?

All of the above are open ended and designed to trigger a response that can open the door for other sales ........... or close the door on this doofus.

Gotta say Bob, I find myself upvoting a lot of your posts. Can you contribute a little less, your making guys like Indiana feel bad.

Easy to bring up, challenging to do it in a way that doesn't make oneself look like a product peddler...

But we are product peddlers. People that allow us into their homes to talk to them are not stupid. They know what it is. I find it easier to be straight up and let them know up front that I am a licensed insurance agent and I am going to attempt to earn their business. I never want someone to think I'm not a salesman. I am here to sell something and never want to hide that.

I am here to sell something and never want to hide that.

In my experience, that just makes the sale much more difficult. I always find it much easier to ask probing questions and let them open the door to the sale.

But you gotta do what you gotta do to justify your position.

But we are product peddlers. People that allow us into their homes to talk to them are not stupid. They know what it is. I find it easier to be straight up and let them know up front that I am a licensed insurance agent and I am going to attempt to earn their business. I never want someone to think I'm not a salesman. I am here to sell something and never want to hide that.

While I'm a licensed agent and I sell insurance, I'm more of a problem solver than a salesman. Just so happens that the answer to the problems I help solve are insurance products.

Back